1

"We're no strangers to love, you know the rules and so do I, commitment's what I'm...thinkin' of, you wouldn't get it from any other guy!"

I jumped from the couch onto the bean bag on the floor, clearing my throat and preparing to belt out the chorus as my best friend Antoine suddenly loomed beside me, the TV remote in his hands and his salt and pepper curls flying as he too jumped up and down, Rick Astley going on with his deep voice.

1, 2, 3!

We sang at the top of our lungs. "NEVER GONNA GIVE YOU UP! NEVER GONNA LET YOU DOWN! NEVER GONNA RUN AROUND... AND HURT YOU! NEVER GONNA-"

I suddenly started coughing my lungs out because I was singing too loudly and Antoine rolled on the floor laughing his ribs off and even slapping the floor, meanwhile I was dying. See why they say you should choose your friends wisely.

After I stopped coughing, Antoine patted my back like a 'doting' friend as I wiped off my tears.

"You look like Heath Ledger as Joker, only less attractive. A lot less attractive."

I glared at him. "And you look like a 5 year old girl went to work on your face."

Antoine flipped his dyed hair. "Bitch, I'm  fabulous." He pouted, batting his long eyelashes as he adjusted the glittery scarf around his neck.

"Tell me again, how are you not gay? You could have been my gay best friend but no, you love ladies way too much for your own good."

"You don't want me to be gay. Can you see how handsome I am? I'd steal your man," he laughed, checking his wristwatch. Then he gasped. "You have 5 minutes to get to work!"

I jumped to my feet, scrambling over couches and tripping over carpets, trying to get to the bathroom.

When I was done, I found Antoine pulling out clothes from my closet. He had an outfit ready for me and I realised why I loved this crazy head.

I pulled on and pulled off things because I was either wearing them the wrong way or they were inside out. Why is it that when you're late everything just goes south? I jumped up and down trying to pull on my high heeled shoes-one refused to come on so I limped to the kitchen with only one shoe on and the other in my hand, grabbing my bag and car keys before yelling goodbye to Antoine who stood at the door snickering at me.

Since I'm driving, let me introduce myself. I know that I'm very talkative but one gets used to it. Hello.

My name is Joera Orlando and I'm a lawyer at CR attorneys. For the past 5 years, I've been working for this company and I've been more successful than all the other years that I have worked for other companies, becoming one of the most reputable lawyers of the nation. This was pioneered by the CEO, Mr. Trenton Buscemi, a lanky and pasty grumpy man in his mid thirties. He's the worst boss but he'll make you get where you want to be in life, for that I give him accolades.

But, let me tell you about this ass. When I got in, the receptionist cringed and I knew that I was in trouble. I left my happy demeanor at the door and assumed my work role with a tough lawyer face.

"How bad?" I asked her, already trying to better my appearance, pulling my loose shoe on properly.

"Very bad. He's waiting for you in his office." I nodded and turned to walk away but she stopped me. "You have glitter in your hair. Your mascara is also smudged."

I quickly rubbed the bottom of my eyes and walked away only to find Trenton pacing up and down the walkway between our office. I debated whether to walk back or to head to him but I decided to take on my first option and turned back only to hear him barking my name.

I plastered a smile on my face and turned back to him, already making up a lie in my head. "Hey...Trenton...so I headed out for a coffee and wow! The line was just out of this world... Anyway you look dashing! What did you do to your hair-"

"Cut the crap," he hissed. "You're almost an hour late."

I speed walked to my office and then opened the door-he came in after me. Me and Trenton...lets just say none of us was happy with our current situation-that being us working together. Sometimes I was more than sure that he hated me. But I hated him too soo...

I placed my bag on my desk and turned to him. "What can I do for you?"

"Your case report is late and you have been slacking lately. Do you want me to give you a warning, Joera? Lately you've just been letting loose on the job. Why?"

"Female stuff?" I said grasping at straws.

"For 2 months-"

"Oh get off your high horse, Trenton," I said. "As much as I slack, I get the job done, OK? This report... It was just a mistake on my part. I apologise for that and you'll have the report on your desk before lunch today."

He glared at me. "You seem to have become a little too comfortable in that chair of yours-"

"And you're like a thorn, in my chair. Are we done?" I rubbed my hands together.

"If you were not so good at what you do-"

"Oh! A compliment from you-"

"-I'd fire you! I'd fire you, Joera."

I felt daring so I walked closer to him. Oh! Here's what you should know... Trenton was quite the ladies' man. The entire office block knew of his rendezvous with quite a number of colleagues. Me and him...we were the same, just that I kept my little adventures private and out of the office.

I fixed his collar and received a sharp intake of breath in return and my hand grazed his neck. Trenton was a man that was rumored to have a yearning for brown skin and I was going to have a little bit of fun, at his expense. "You wouldn't fire me, would you?" I whispered huskily into his ear. I never ever flirted at work but if I could play with this ass of a man before me, I wasn't going to pass up on that.

"Trenton..." I looked into his eyes and smirked. "Do you know what I want?"

"N-" He cleared his throat. "No."

"Do you want me to tell you what I want?" I ran my hand across the hem of his suit-very expensive suit if I may add. "I want..."

"This is very unprofessional," he croaked but his face was saying something entirely different. "You know that you-"

My hand continued it's little exploration on his shirt but I decided to stop because I was taking things a little too far. Trenton meanwhile was red in the face. Job done.

"I don't want any harassment charges," I suddenly said, walking back to my desk. I smirked.

Trenton swallowed loudly and I pretended I didn't hear that.

"Please close the door on your way out," I said in my lawyer voice. I looked at him like nothing had happened. "I have a report to finish."

He put his hands in his pockets and you and I both know why. He may be a hardcore boss but everybody has a weakness. My job is to exploit that weakness. Welcome to my life.