Wildfire

Prologue

Wildfire

I walked down the alleyway, looking for someone who was alone and didn't look like they would cause a problem for me.

They were always the easiest people to deal with. Plus I was starving. It had been days since I had last eaten properly and I could feel my throat burning.

As i walked silently through the empty streets I made sure i was constantly aware of my surroundings, who knew

when i might catch a scent? Just thinking of it made my mouth water. I could actually smell it... wait, i could

smell it! i smiled to myself, knowing i had finally found my meal and boy did it smell like a good one.

I tracked the scent, after all i am a predator, and found the man sitting on the floor, alone. I walked up to him

and put on a kind smile, the kind people trust.

He smelt delicious, so rich and pure... The guy looked after himself and for that I was extremely grateful. It meant his blood was clean. No alcohol drugs or even tobacco!! I was looking forward to this even more now

"Hello handsome" I said quietly as he jumped from the surprise of seeing me. It was late so I don't blame him. He looked up at me with surprise, but when he saw my face he just smiled.

"What is someone as beautiful as you doing out on a night like this?" He asked me, he had a goofy smile. He was very handsome i must admit, but he smelt good, so i wasn't going to waste too much time.

"I could ask you the same" I replied, and before he could react i grabbed his hand and pulled him up. He didn't

seem at all bothered, he just smiled and kissed my cheek. I kept hold of his hand and walked back into the

shadows of the alleyway I had come, the guy following behind me, his goofy grin still on his face.

Once we reached the alleyway I stopped and turned around to face him. He grin widened as he pulled me into a hug and started kissing me. My goodness he was eager, so I gave him what he wanted and kissed back. Then I wrapped my arms around his waist and pulled him close to me. My senses went crazy and so I let my instincts take over, knowing he was already putty in my hands.

About a minute later his body fell to the floor, completely drained. I smiled at the sweetness that still lingered on my tongue. I looked at his body as I whispered the word that let me be so careless about who I drank from.

"Burn" as soon as the word escaped my lips his body burned up in a bright flame, and in about a second all

evidence of him had disappeared