walking out the front door

Hey guys. Ill make this quick because we all hate these little messages. My first story. So comment, tell me what you think. Thanks (:

Dear whoever cares, 

The walls of this house mock me. They tell me that i'm never going to be free,

that I'm going to be stuck here for the rest of my life and rot away. i am not going

to live down to its threats. I'm leaving.

Goodbye, 

Cherry. 

I grab the Scotch tape from the desk and pull off a piece. As i tape the note to my bedroom door i look at my hand. I'm shaking. i don't know why I'm shaking.. this is what I want isn't it?  I take a deep breath and exhale slowly. 

"Baby, everything will be okay." The voice comes from behind me. I didn't turn around because I already knew who it was. I stood there with my eyes closed for a few seconds longer. Finally I turned to look into the deep blue eyes of my boyfriend. Danny has these eyes that remind me of an alligator. They look as if he was searching through your soul. Sometimes it scared me to look into his eyes because I felt he knew everything i was hiding from the world. 

"I'm afraid of what lies outside that door for us." i say as i look up to him. He is slightly taller then I am. Tall enough not to make me feel like I'm looking down at him, but not too tall to where I am getting a kink in my neck. He is thin but built and he has shaggy blond hair. 

"What is there to be afraid of? We are going to walk out the front door, drive away and never look back." He says it as if it isn't a scary thought. I know he is just trying to be strong for me, but I know him all too well. He is scared too.

"What happens if we fail?" I could feel the tears swell up in my eyes from the thought of having to come back here once we were free. I cant let that happen. It wont happen.

"Cherry, look at me. Do you honestly think after all we have been through, this is going to be the one we fail at? I wont let that happen. We are going to get out of here and make something of our selves with out their help. We can do this." His confidence gave me hope. Sadly I was still lacking faith. 

"Okay," I smiled to give him reassurance that i was okay. "Let me grab my bag." I walked into my room and looked around. The bed was made, the laundry basket was empty, and so was my dresser. I had to pack lite because I didn't know where we were going or what i would have the room for. I packed what little clothes i wore and left all the rest in a bag in my closet, my tooth brush, my ipod and my phone with the chargers. I stuffed them all into a black Jansport  back pack that i have had for a few years. I almost left my cell phone because i knew they were going to shut it off, but it would be a while before they even noticed i was gone. I grabbed my female items because i knew money would be tight and i would need these. I almost didn't want to leave the room that comforted me during so many unforgiving nights. But i could feel that they had lost their love for me like everything else in this house. 

"Are you almost ready babe?" I knew he didn't want to seem like he was rushing me but we both knew the longer we stayed around, the more our chance of getting caught went up. I looked at him. Was I ready for this or am I just jumping the gun? 

"Cherry? I love you. And I don't mean to rush you but..." i could see it in his eyes. He was eager to leave. 

"i know. I'm sorry. I'm just.. i don't know. Never mind. Let's go."  I felt back because i know he hates that, but I didn't want to tell him i was scared to leave a house where nobody cares. I knew if i told him that he would feel hurt because i wasn't 100% sure about leaving with someone who would die for me and stay in a house where they spell my name wrong. 

i don't blame anybody for the way my house was. it was a nice house, and i had everything i wanted. Everything except parents to come home to. They were always at work and never had time for me when they got home. Whenever we had time to talk, it was always about school or my future or what i was doing wrong with my life. i feel that if they are going to call it my life then they need to let it be my life. I need to learn from my own mistakes, not take notes on theirs. 

I grabbed my bag and threw it over my shoulder. I knew I was walking away from my past, but I was walking towards my future. I looked towards the front door and realized this is it, we are doing this. I felt Danny's hand slide into mine as he fell into step beside me. His touch gave me a feeling of security. I knew I could trust him with my life. And really, that is what I was doing. I was trusting him to take me away from my home and make something of us. 

I hadn't realized i was holding my breath until my lungs started to burn. I let out a deep sigh as we reached the door and Danny looked at me with questioning eyes. I just smiled and turned the knob. It felt as cold as ice in my hand. This is it, I'm walking out the front door.