Gods' Apprentice

“You have to be fucking kidding me.” I said dryly, looking up at my mom and dad.

                They looked guilty, and then my mom burst out in her second round of sobs. Her eyes were already red, puffy, and worn out from all the water works, but it didn’t stop her from starting to cry all over again.

                “I’m – so – sorry!” She gasped out, and my dad put his arm around her back to soothe her. “We wanted to tell you earlier, sweetie, but…”

                I shook my head, “There is no way that I’m… that that’s….”

                I trailed off. My parents had just given me a piece of information that I would never understand, never believe, and acted like they were serious. Did they need to be put in the loony bin? Because I would not have two crazy parents telling me that my dad made a deal with God.

                There wasn’t even such thing as ‘God’. No, there was no Hell or Heaven, no Devil or God. All of those things were just crazy talk, just like what my parents were doing right now. I shook my head for a second time, turned around on my heel, and ran back up the stairs. When I reached my room, I slammed my door, and groaned.

                It’s my birthday, and my parents have gone insane!