CHAPTER 3

Hannah Towers' POV

I let the tears fall freely from my eyes and onto my bed sheets. I can't remember the last time I cried this way. I feel devastated and disgusted at myself.

After arriving to the comforts of my small apartment, I immediately proceeded to my bed and let the tears I have been holding flow out.

What have I gotten myself into?

I feel so dirty and worthless. I just sold my body to a stranger and damn him for taking advantage of my situation. I never knew that debt would cost me my dignity.

I don’t know if I could bring myself to blame my mom who left me early when I was fifteen. Or my dad who acted pitiful and asked for a large amount of money. He reasoned out he needed money for his operation. I knew he has his heart problems so I never hesitated and withdrew all my savings and sent it to him. I never fathomed that he would lie to me and gambled all the money I sent him. I was so devastated when I learned what he did.

The worst part was that he has large debts that I never knew about. One day I just received a threat that I have to pay two million dollars or else my life is on the line. I wanted to trash my father and curse him for what he did but before I could get to him, the news reached me first that he died of a sudden heart attack. How ironic how he lied about getting an operation then karma got him good. I couldn’t even think properly on how to deal with the sticky situation he left me with. I cried lots of rivers this year mostly on pitying myself, agonizing on how to pay the debt, worrying on how to keep my job and how to cope up with my messed up life.

And now, I’m burying myself deeper with my deal with that damned Justin Royce. I never knew I would ever allow myself to enter into that kind of relationship. I teach teenage kids not only with Geometry and Physics but also with moral messages and keeping dignity intact but now, I feel so ashamed at what I’ve done.

I suddenly miss my best friend, Amber Ace. She’s currently away on her honeymoon so I couldn’t get in touch with her. But even if she reaches out first, I wouldn’t be able to tell her what kind of deal I just accepted.

My tears wouldn’t stop flowing but my eyes start to droop slowly and I let myself fall asleep on top of white sheets soaked with my own tears.

I wake up to the loud ringing beside my head. I groan and lift my heavy eyes open. I squint my eyes at the bright sunlight through my window. I turn off my alarm and groggily gets up and head to the kitchen for a glass of water. After washing my mouth, I head over to the bathroom and stop at the mirror to take a look at my tear-stained face. My red puffy eyes are looking back at me as I sigh at the pathetic sight in front of me.

Get your ass up, Hannah and be the woman that you are! I mentally tell myself and grab my towel. That’s right. No need crying over spilled milk. I need a warm bath to help me think things clearly.

As I dip myself in a warm bath, I feel better and in high spirits. I have a life to get going and there’s no room for pathetic situations to pull me down. If life is giving me that fucker Justin Royce to get me through my huge debt, I will swallow my dignity for once and get over this obstacle. It won’t mean he could just use me whenever he can, I will not let him crush me all the way. I need to be tough on this and set my boundaries for him. I got myself into this, I can get out of this mess once it’s over.

I wrap myself in my towel and ready myself for another session of tutoring my students. They will be here soon and I have to get ready.

Just as I was brushing my hair down, my doorbell rings and I glance at the wall clock. It’s still thirty minutes to ten. My students usually arrive at ten thirty in the morning. I hurriedly finish my brushing and heads over to the door.