Don't Sleep Or Never Wake Up

I have a fear... a fear of sleeping.

"Dude you really need to go to sleep," My roommate said.

"No...no I don't, besides I got work to do."

"Sean I know that those things traumatize you, but you'll be okay."

"But the nightmares and sleep paralysis it's too terrifying. Dan you wouldn't understand."

"No Sean I wouldn't, but it's not good for your health. You really need to go to bed."

"Okay."

When I was younger I suffered from hallucinations, nightmares, and the worse

of all sleep paralysis I have medication for hallucinations, however everything else I don't have any.

"Take all of your medication, not just the one that helps with your hallucinations."

"Even the sleeping pills?"

"Yes."

"Hey where are the pills to help with my anxiety?"

"I think I set them in the laundry room."

"There they are."

When I went to bed I was nervous, anxious.

I woke up in my bed. I couldn't move. I couldn't speak. Oh no, not again. Where is he? Where is the man?

A black figure stands in the corner. All I could see was his teeth. He was smiling.

Where's the pills? I want them.

I feared for my life. He can't hurt you. He can't hurt you.

Speak to me. Where's the pills? I want them. TELL ME! OR I WILL TEAR YOU TO PIECES!

He grabbed my arm and dug his claws into my shoulder. He can't hurt you... This hurts.

A loud noise popped out of nowhere. My alarm clock? The thing vanished and I could move once again. I looked at my shoulder. The scratch was there and bled a lot.

"Oh my. Dan I need bandages!"

"Dude, it's four in the morning!"

"Dan I swear, I'm bleeding so much."

"Fine let me see."

He walked into my room. A surprised look on his face went by really quick.

"What happened?"

I was too shaken to speak. Then I screamed. "He got me. Dan he's real! Dan he's going to kill me!"

"Sean, calm down. No one is going to hurt you. He isn't real. He's just in your imagination."

"He gave me this scratch he's real Dan and he's going to kill me!"

"Go to school and we can take you to the doctors to get you some stitches."

He got bandages and wrapped my arm."

"That should stop the bleeding for a while."

"He wants my pills, Dan."

"Sean, please you're okay stop panicking."

"Dan, He wants my pills."

"Maybe you shouldn't go to school in this state and I think I should stay with you. Let's take you to the hospital first."

We got into Dan's car. We didn't speak the whole way. Is someone watching me? Is it him? I feel so cold.

"Hey are you okay? You haven't said anything and it's making me worried."

"He's watching me."

"I'm taking that as a no."

We arrived at the hospital. I saw something in the corner of my eye. It's him. I started to have a panic attack. Everything went numb. I could hardly breathe.

"Sean are you okay?"

I said nothing. Thoughts flooded through my mind. I couldn't hear, not anymore. Please help! I'm going to die! I can't see. I think I passed out.

I was paralyzed once again.

Where's the pills?

Please wake up. I can feel his breath on my face. It smelled like death.

Where's the pills?

He lifts up his hand and-