The Creation of Me

A Novel By; Madeline Perry

Chapter 1

My name is Indigo Chase Winston. Yes Indigo, like the color. My parents are kind of eco hippie freaks…hints the ‘colorful’ and ‘unique’ name. So I typically go by Chase, or for the dweebs of my high school, perfect.

  Which in all reality, I am not, but in looks I am very close. My long honey colored hair naturally curly, always stayed in place. My big brown eyes were always shining and my nose was like a button. Tall and the right amount of skin on my bones, I was very easy to look at.

  Todd, my also almost perfect boy friend seem to think so. He must, since we just finished a ‘routine’ make out session behind the big oak tree out front the school. In fact, for our 3 month anniversary he carved our initials in it, of course in a heart.

Life for me at school was always easy, my intelligence was intentionally a level 0. No smart girls can ever be beautiful too, right? At least not to Todd, so I stopped trying. The only reason I passed was because a flip of your hair will get any nerd to do the work for you. School for me was mainly a chance to socialize. With everyone in the best cliques. Which I was ‘leader; in all. Well except for the jocks, which Todd had control over.

  Today was your typical average, every day snooze fest Monday. Ms. Planton, was more evil than usual, giving out 2 oral reports that we had to have done by next Tuesday! So while I sat in the courtyard with Kelly and Emily, my 2 most absolute fabulously loyal girl friends, I complained greatly about my homework. Which I would have to do since Norman, ‘my’ nerd, was sick in the hospital. God! He is so selfish for making me do my work! What a jerk.. Last time I fakely flirt with him!

 Stuck in a trance, Emily waved her freckeled hand in my face to get my attention.I glanced at her and she pointed towards my oak tree, squinting I saw a guy and a girl. Kissing on my tree. Of course with out my contacts, which I had forgotten this morning, I couldn’t see them clearly. So I just shrugged it off. Guess my tree has the same affect on other people to as it does for me and Todd.