Part 42. Stay out of it.

Jungkook's POV.

"Jiwoo's right. You can't let this slide. What if he hits you y/n" 

I stopped right in my tracks as I heard the concerned voices of Sumni and Jiwoo.

Curiosity got the best of me and I eavesdropped a little on what was happening. 

Were they in trouble?

Did they need any help-

All my thoughts came to a halt as soon as I heard the voice. The same voice I craved to hear for so long. That sweet sound that I wanted to keep hearing every time I woke up and every time I went to sleep.

The scent that I wanted to keep to myself and her, I wanted to keep her to myself but I knew that was not possible.

It never was, to be honest. I did hope to meet her in the future but all that came crashing down as soon as I heard her getting engaged to Mark.

The shiver in her voice didn't go missed by me as my eyebrows furrowed and I focused a lot more on hearing her. 

Y/n - "What if I was mistaken-"

Jiwoo - "Do you love him?"

It felt as if all the things around me came to a stop and I waited eagerly for her reply. I wanted to know how she felt about this.

Did she love him?

But I knew why I felt so afraid.

Mark was the perfect guy a girl could wish for. He was intelligent, hardworking, and good-looking. Neither was he into any shady business like us. They were as clean as the color white.

And I hated that so fucking much.

He was perfect for y/n. She could be safe and happy. More importantly, she can have the family she dreamed of with him. 

The thought made my knuckles white as I balled my fist to calm myself down. So many years passed by and yet I cannot imagine her with any other man than myself.

I knew it was unhealthy and heck toxic but I couldn't help it.

"I don't know" Came out her reply after a while.

I let out a sigh but her reply meant that her feelings were unsure and that made me disappointed.

Sumni - "But y/n what if he actually hits you?" 

'What the actual fuck' A frown made its way on my face as soon as I heard it.

My hands grabbed the door knob but soon I stopped myself from barging into their room.

'She's a grown adult woman who can take care of herself'

And just like that I walked away from it, from her. 

Again

What if she later found out that Mark is a good guy and didn't mean to hurt her or maybe worst what if she actually loves him but just hasn't realised it yet

Before I know everything clearly I cannot interfere in her personal life.

I was the one who left her so I won't take any action which might just make her a lot more upset and hate me.

Sitting inside my car I drove off for my meeting.

'What if he actually hits you?'

Sumni's voice kept repeating in my head like a ticking bomb.

Taking a sharp U-turn I made my way back home 

As soon as I reached home, I ran to Sumni's room and barged in without caring to knock. 

Both of them sat with their heads on their head and looked pretty tense.

When their heads turned and they looked at me it seemed as if they were a bit worried.

I furrowed my eyebrows and looked at them with my hands folded and rested them over my chest.

"What's up?" Jiwoo tried to play it cool and soon I realised that I shouldn't have come here. Especially to ask them, who won't tell me a thing if that relates to y/n.

They were still upset about the fact that I left y/n and would absolutely hate it if I try to help y/n.

"I haven't received this year's budget plan?" I asked and they shared a confused look.

"We did review it ad gave the finance team a thumbs up, I'm sure Jake must have shared it with you already" Sumni gave me a confused look as I nodded slowly.

"Okay then" I walked out and closed the door slowly before making my way back to my car.

As I sat inside I grabbed my head in embarrassment.

"What the hell was I even thinking?" 

My phone pinged and I looked at it to see Taehyung's message.

"Where the hell are you, the meeting starts in 5 minutes?"

"Coming" I texted back and raced my way back to the office.