Prologue

Highly Suspect- Little One

"Welcome home," I looked up to see my uncle Hatori walking over to me. 

"Thank you," I smiled at him as I finished adjusting the pouch on my leg. 

"How are you feeling? Sochi was often sickly in the beginning stages of her pregnancy," 

"Honestly, I haven't felt sick at all. My team is taking extra precautions. They rarely let me do anything so I'm not jumping around often,"

"That's great. I actually wanted to suggest for you to stay in the village. I would gladly take over your team while you're out," 

"Maybe later on. Once I really start feeling it. Thank you for worrying," I laughed. He let out a heavy sigh. 

"Is there any way for me to sway you?" he asked. 

"No," I chuckled. "I am going to give Lord Hokage my report and I will see you later," 

"Be careful," he tipped my chin before excusing himself. 

I walked into the Hokage's building and made my way up to his office. As expected, some of the Rabbit Hole shinobi didn't fall in line with the rest of them. Three members of the Purifiers escaped and we've been tracking them. So far, they've been laying low. Avoiding crowded areas where they know they can be spotted. Wanted posters are all over the place. Yet, they always manage to slip past us. 

Since they haven't attacked anyone and no signs of trouble have been reported, Naturo hasn't made their capture a priority. Even if they haven't made any aggressive moves, they're still extremely dangerous people to be out there where they can potentially hurt a lot of people and the blame would turn back on us. Niko, Nero, and Satomi had been cured of the toxins within the Rabbit Hole but they couldn't adjust without it. They replicated the toxin and modified it so that it wouldn't be easy to neutralize the infection in their system. 

"Satchi, welcome back," Shikamaru greeted me when I knocked on the door. 

"Thank you. How have you been?" I asked him. 

"Working," he smirked. 

"Satchi, what did you find?" Naruto, straight to business as always. 

"Nothing, there is no trail because they're not looking for anything in particular. My guess is that they're going to keep moving until they find a place where they can settle. They're headed North of Yukigakure. It's mostly isolated there and it's cold. Harder to trace," 

"Do you really think we should prioritize their arrest?" he asked. 

"I knew Nero and Niko. She's just as insane as he is. I don't know much about Satomi. He was one of the Old man's favorites and that's all we know about him. Here are the files that Kon and Amate have been able to gather for you," I opened my coat letting the pages I had hidden in it come out and stack on top of his desk. 

"I'm never going to get tired of that," Shikamaru laughed. I smiled at him. 

"How are you feeling?" Naruto pointed at my abdomen. It used to be completely flat. Now there's a small protrusion there. "What of the other thing we talked about?"

"I get sleepy a lot more than I don't but that's about it. He's getting worse,"

"Hinata would get very nauseous at the beginning," he brushed off that last comment with a nod.

"I've been told. I guess we're all a little different. I actually have an appointment later this afternoon. I'll let you all know how it goes," 

"We will be waiting," Shikamaru smiled. The look in his eyes is sympathetic now.