Chapter 1:Awake

My name is Kara Himi.

I went Harbing Highschool and was an A/B student.

My classes were as followed:
         Calculus: B
         English 3: A
         Marine Bio: B
         German 2: A
         Economics: A
         Archery: A-

Simple classes really.
Some of these really come in handy when the dead start walking the ground.

I grew up with two moms. Both kind women. Ria and Lola Himi.

Lola, the one who gave birth to me, worked at her own plant shop with herbs and flowers. I loved helping out there. "Lola's Flowers", cute and sweet.

My other mother,Ria, worked at her own occult shop. The name was something weird, never did remember it.

Both shops were next to each other and the flower shop doubled as a home, same as the occult shop.

I spent quite a few days, maybe months, in the homes. Until I ran out of food and determined that my moms were coming back.

I never liked the street I was on. Too many people.

This should be heaven. Honestly, it should be.

Just me, myself, and I.

Well... Besides the undead walking around.

It's easier to find food and water. Don't have to worry about  fighting others and killing other people.

The days kinda go by fast.

The last thing I remember from before was my 17th birthday. Three years ago.

Heh...
Seems like only a few days ago.

I'm about 20 years old now.

I hate this.

Sighing, I approach a gas station. Looks good. Nice resting place for right now.

Only two of those things. Easy.

Drawing out my knife, I approach one of the from behind.

"Stab through the head." 

And did just that. The second one was as simple as the first.

The glass in the gas station was broken but still provided some cover.

Supply was running low, so getting some more supplies would be great.

Don't think getting trading supplies would be a good idea either.

Approaching the drinks, all that's left is flat sodas and a few bottles of water. The aisle contained some grain bars and a few candy bars surprising enough.

Grabbing what I need, I head towards the work room.

"Roof top would allow me to see far if anyone is gonna make there way over here. And sleeping would be great too."

Finding the workroom was easy enough, though the door was half gone.

The scene inside was bad.

Two bodies but not before this happened and they weren't the undead either.

Examining closer, a pair of scissors catches my eye.

Running a hand through my hair, a cut would probably be a good idea. My hair grew out a lot from the bobbed hair cut I had.

Quickly grabbing the siscors, I rush up the ladder access.

On the roof top, the sun starts to set. Sitting down and taking off my bag, I look through it in search that hand mirror.

Finding it, I start cutting. It just needs to be short. Enough where I won't look like a complete mess.

I finish quickly. It doesn't look to bad either, a little uneven.

Moving the washed out dyed, cut hair out of the way. I pull out the map I took. And start planning.

"Making it to a safe spot would be useful. Alot of places need some information about the outside world."

Sighing, I put the map away. Sleeping is what I need right now.

Laying against my bag, looking up, I slowly drift off into sleep.