Part 1 - Kathir visits Mullai's house

Kathir was ready to leave Mullai's house assuming she doesn't even want to see him. He noticed her slippers are just outside, so he confirmed to himself that she's inside. He thought that she refuses to come out. 

***

Meanwhile, M was at the PS house hurt that the one person she wanted to be wished from hasn't even bothered to come see her. 

She tried to go into her room to process this sadness but Dhanam wouldn't let her go.

Dhanam: Intha Mullai, konjam kesari saapudu. Inniki unaku porantha naalla. Athaan special ah kesari pannen

Mullai was slightly annoyed that she has to pretend to be happy because all these people are showering her with wishes but she can't fully enjoy them till she hears it from Kathir.

***

Kathir started the bike from Mullai's house and drove while his eyes become filled with tears.

Kathir to himself: Avaluku namala avlo pidikaamathaan ivlo Naal ah irunthala? Oru vaati kuda vandhu paakanumnu thonalya? Avlo verupa ah namma mela?

Kathir went to the only other place, besides his room, where he can find solace at this moment: Kumersan Mama's house

***

He left his normal clothes there so went to pick it up and change before going home

But Kumersan Mama was home the entire time when Kathir came in, excitedly changed his clothes to the green shirt and pants, and left smiling. 

Mama came in and saw Kathir heartbroken

He didn't explain anything and just left the place.