Stole My heart

Stole My Heart

Chapter 1: First day of freedom

Cherry’s P.O.V

Tonight we are young, so let’s set the world on fire; we can burn brighter than the sun.

The morning slipped through the curtain and cast itself onto

my face. I rolled to the other side of the bed, not willing to wake up. But then I realized that I wasn’t at home. I yawned and sat up on the bed.

“Cherry!” Justine slammed the door open, yelling my name.

“What?” I yelled back sleepily. My ears hurt from the loudness of her voice.

“You’re sleeping in? Wake up!”

I looked at the clock. Eight thirty.

“You call this sleeping in? Dude it’s only half past eight!” I protested to my best friend, who was now standing by my bedside.

“I don’t care, get ready and come downstairs for breakfast!” She said in a mother-like tone, and left the room.

I sighed. Sometimes having this crazy girl as my best friend was not easy. I yawned again, and managed to drag myself into the washroom. I washed my face, brushed my teeth and combed my hair. I looked at myself in the mirror and remembered the reason why I was here.

It was the summer holidays, I got nothing to do and so I begged mom and dad to let me stay at Justine’s house. Justine was born in a wealthy family, and her parents were seldom at home. She, too, had asked for her father’s permission for letting me stay. Eventually both of our parents agreed, and Justine’s father even bought me plane tickets. So I left Hong Kong and flew to London yesterday.

I was Eurasian, with a European father and an Asian mother. I studied in South Island International School in Hong Kong, and was planning on to go abroad to study in England. Justine, on the other hand, was British and went to Benenden School in the UK. We met when she joined the students exchange program in her school and came to our school for about 2 weeks. She sat beside me and it was like we were meant to be best friends. When she had to go back to London, we were both crying and promised that we would keep in touch. Since then, she skyped me everyday or sent me emails.