Caeli & Ignis

You like the cover? It's because it's really beautiful! Credits to JaneVauclain who is absolutely talented and gifted me her work. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's warm.

Warm in a way it should be uncomfortable, and she is used to the shivery breezes of autumn mornings.

And then, in the mid of it all, it's blazing.

She's being pressed against a deteriorated wall, the light of the sunset caressing only her hair, as a body is hiding her from the rest of it.

The wild weeds dying in the floor should be tickling her ankles, but Lisa can't bring herself to care.

The hands placed on her waist tighten, just a bit too strongly, and the lips that open and close hotly against her neck become more insistent.

Lisa gasps loudly in an attempt to fill her lungs. Whenever she's with her, it seems as if she can't get enough air.

If she were able to think clearly, she would find it ironic.

But she can't, really, as a velvety feeling keeps tickling her neck, and soft, desperate fingers are reaching her ribcage.

"Jennie", she says breathlessly.

The brunette doesn't answer.

Lisa feels something wet caressing her jaw. It burns.

It's exquisite.

She hears a hissing sound, and she is not sure if it escaped from the back of her throat or if it is her cold skin reacting to the flames.

She puts her hands on the shorter girl's shoulders; an attempt to regain strength and put an end to the infinite loop.

She fails miserable as Jennie sucks on her chin slightly. Lisa ends up tangling her fingers into soft chocolate strands as lips lock furiously.

She looks for another angle, and another, and gasps softly against a devastating breath.

She wonders how much the temperature will keep rising, because it's insufferable already, but it just keeps going on and on and stronger each time.

Lisa feels powerless and the most powerful surrounded by Jennie's warmth.

The brunette bites, unable to help herself, unable to keep her body from reacting to Lisa's light scent.

The blonde lets out a strained sound, and Jennie shakes with the temptation to consume her.

She pulls away, inhaling soundly, trying to breath.

Lisa licks her lips and looks at Jennie.

She looks beautifully disheveled, hair messy, slightly panting. Her mouth is shining with the color of kisses, heat, sin.

It makes Lisa's heart beat pick up painfully.

Her own fingers reach to caress Jennie's stomach under her shirt.

She shouldn't.

She lets her blunt nails run through perfect skin, careful.

Jennie parts her lips slowly with her gaze slightly lost.

Lisa swallows. It shouldn't make her feel the way it does. It shouldn't make her want to leave it all behind once more, to betray herself yet again.

She doesn't pull her hand away.

"We need to stop this, Jen, I..."

Her voice loses strength.

Jennie stares into her eyes for a moment but does not pull away. In fact, she laughs bitterly.

"How many times, Lisa? How many times are we going to pretend to be heroes?"

Lisa purses her lips and tries to separate herself from Jennie. The brunette doesn't let her move an inch. She leans forward to bite her bottom lip and pull it out softly.

It makes Lisa's determination crumble.

"It's useless. Every time, every Earth. We keep apart from each other for a while, until we can't anymore. You know we just can't."

Lisa wants to say that it's a lie, that it's not meant to be.

That it's bound to end up terribly and that each time a lot of people suffer.

And she knows she's right.

But she also knows that Jennie is right too.

The brunette is kissing her neck again and parting her legs with one of her own.

Lisa bits off a moan and a sob altogether.

"Let's just burn together, love", Jennie purrs at Lisa's ear.

The blonde is tired of resisting. She did so for very long this time. She knows that her denial just contributed in setting Jennie's flame out of control. She has seen the news. And now, it's growing too fast too quickly.

She suddenly feels a pair of hands squeezing from behind.

And a leg pressing between her own.

She rolls her eyes, overwhelmed by everything Jennie is, her beauty, her passion, her scent.

And just like that she is gone.

If could pay attention, she could hear the broken sound of fire cracking. She could feel a northern blaze disheveling her hair.

But it's hard to think about anything else than Jennie, the delight, the pleasure.

She knows her wind will set everything aflame. She knows. She knows what happens when blazes and gales come together and they both know it is unstoppable.

They were supposed to protect creation.

But Jennie is right, they just can't stop. And Lisa feels it in the way the temperature of their surroundings keeps raising as they are pressed together. Uncontrollable.

"Yes", Lisa whispers.

Jennie looks at her, eyes half-lidded.

"Yes?"

"Fuck, Jennie", Lisa answers, and kisses furiously, full of palpitating love, "I can't stop myself".

Jennie grasps her lover's cheeks, equally broken.

"I can't neither, my love. I love you. I love you".

Lisa finds herself crying, Jennie's legs still pressing against her.

"I love you, Jennie", she answers.

A pause follows.

"Let's see how much we can take", Lisa says then.

"I will find you again," Jennie answers.

Her entire body is trembling, at the brink of something. Her voice trembles, too.

"I know. And I will let you. Like every time".

Jennie smiles.

Outside, fire is consuming everything.