Chapter 1

The end of the world started with a car crash.

Or at least my world. A car crash is what ended my parents life, and I, little six year old me, got away with a few cuts and bruises. Sadly, I didn't have any other family to go too, and was sent to my first foster home. From there, I bounced from house to house for the next nine years.

And today is no exception!

I am packing my bags to head to my 11th foster home. Because one of my fabulous (ex) foster mothers, decided to blame me for her kitchen being trashed, which wasn't trashed and if it was then it was one of the other foster kids, and that lead to a fight between her and me. So I'm not surprised that I'm going to another foster home. I just hope it is better than this one, and not hate me at the first sight of my eyes.

Yep, you heard me, the reason they hated me was because of my eye color!

Instead of the normal brown, blue, or even hazel; I have bright golden eyes, and my dark skin made them pop even more.

I sighed, as I finished packing my small amount of stuff that I have been carrying through the years. Among those possessions, was my favorite Ipod and earbuds, that one of my favorite foster homes, and they got it for my first Christmas with them.

I remember that day, it was a beautiful day, the falling snow covering the ground, and three happy children running down the stairs. While their foster mother and father cooked a big breakfast, and family members entered the door greeting the family with a loving smile. They loved me for me, not my eye color, not skin color, but me. Even their parents like me! They were going to adopt us but something tragic happened, and I was forced to move after that.

I miss them.

It was one of the happiest times in my life, because I am and always will be plagued by the misfortune that haunts my very being.

A wet feeling of tears fell from my face as I looked back on my miserable life; while I picked up my book bag, and looked around the room one more time. Before I walked out, and down the stairs to the main floor.

That when I heard them.

My social worker, Lea, and my ex foster mom arguing silently, which was a fight that Lea was losing. She wanted me to stay here but Karen wasn't having any of it. She wanted the demon child out of her house, saying that she, I, was causing her too many problems. And at that Lea sighed sadly and closed her eyes; before opening them up to see me standing at the stairs.

She gave me the saddest look she has ever given me.

I knew why. She was hoping that this would have been the house I stayed at until I was adopted or grew out of the system. But to her demise, I had to move to another house just like all the other times. Lea walked over to me, and put her hand on my shoulder before walking me out of the house.

It was raining.

"Don't worry, I found you better place,"
Lea smiled at me as we entered the car.

"Where am I going now?"

I asked, looking out of the passenger window while we drove away from the house.

"A small town about an hour from here. I think your going to love this place,"

She explained happily focusing on the road.

I smiled at her before returning my gaze to the gloomy outside. I'm not sure if I will like this new home but I will give it a try. There is no telling what is going to happen, but something inside is telling me that this is the place. With that, I leaned back into my seat, and let the soft rumbling of the car, and the gentle tapping of the rain lull me to sleep.

Sorry had to edited this. Bye!!

-Snow