Prince Of Shadows

The walls are blurring. All the houses turned to a blur. All connected as one. I'm running through the blue district. The guards are high on my tail. My brothers have already reached the water. I'm farther behind. I gave them a head start leading the guards away so they could run. Now i'm behind and about to be caught. My brothers shouts ring in my ears. I stop throwing the guards off guard. They keep flying forward. By the time they've turned around I'm already ducking into the alley. I sneak around the trash and jump into the other entrance to the water tunnel. 

“Thank god you made it Adrien” he calls. I swim over to them. This water is disgusting. I feel something brush by my leg. I try and ignore it. We should head back now. I've already been out longer than I planned to. 

“Let's head out, back to the King” I call.  My brothers swim down the narrow tunnel. The guards and the royal advisors have been trying to figure out how we get in and out of the districts. Well we have an underground tunnel system. We swim a little while longer till we get into the red distract where the water stops. We climb out and walk the rest of the murky tunnel back to our home. Upon arrival my brothers go to find their families. They arent my actual brothers, here we all our brothers. I head up to the small castle at the center of our district. Its encased in shadows. Its solid black, shining despite the sun being blocked by the clouds. The grand staircase into the castle is silk from being freshly cleaned. If I had not lived here my whole life I would be scared of it, intimidated actually.  I climb those slik stairs and run into Calum. He looks up from his work and smiles.
“Welcome back master Adrien” Calum calls. I give a silent wave and head up. Calums our head servant. He's been there for me since I was a baby. I push open the big doors and trudge through the hallways towards the throne room. I push open the doors revealing Rhysand and the King and Queen. My parents. They look up after a minute noticing my figure lingering in the corner. I grimace as father starightens his posture in my presence. 

“Adrien please come in” Father calls. I walk in, as I squeak from the wet clothes and shoes. I cringe at the sound.
“Darling your soaking wet” Mother says. I shiver, the weight of the damp clothes clinging to me. I had forgotten how cold I was till she reminded me. I rub my hands up and down my arms. 

“You maid go fetch Prince Adrien new dry clothes” she shouts. Yep that's right. Im a prince. Years ago I told Calum to call me Master. I don't like the Prince title. He refused to just call me Adrien. I don't like being a Prince at all. In fact I don't enjoy being King one day either.
“Son what happened” Father yells clearly angry. I'm in trouble. Big trouble. I wasn't even supposed to be out today. I change into dry clothes off to the side and then head up to the thrones. My mother slides closer to me as to make me warmer. I smile put not reaching very high. 

“We went to the Blue District to check out what is going on. The guards saw us and chased us through the district. We jumped into the water and took the tunnel here” I say. 

“DId they see the tunnel” Mother asks. Of course that's the first thing there worried about. Not me but our network of tunnels. No emotion like always. I plaster a fake smile hoping they don't question my reason for being there. 

“No as we were leaving the guards said let them go, they'll drown in the drain” I explain. Father smiles. Our secret tunnels are still safe. 

“Those Bastards leaving you to drown” Mother exclaims. Father gives her an arm a rub and looks at me. Well at least she cares a little. 

“Now are you hurt” Father asks. I give myself a quick check over. At least he cares just a little bit to. 

“No im fine and so our my companions” I say. Father gives a nod. He orders the servants to prepare a feast for the whole district to celebrate our success in our tunnels. I excuse myself to get ready. The feast will be on the inside of the giant rocks. We hollowed them out years ago and made entrances in. I pull on a black tunic and black pants. Causal District attire. Mines just nicer. I head down to the rock. Music blaring and everybody's eating. I wave my causal hellos and head to my father. He's smiling down on his people.