Chapter 1: A forgotten promise

"Sir, a call from the foreign shippers has come, would you like to speak to them or have them leave a message?" Jason called out from behind his perfectly neat sleek black desk, a blocky buisness phone held to his ear with loud shouts coming from it. He stared directly at Mr. Markson as he furiously scattered papers on his desk, a look of frustration was obvious on his face. Folds in his forhead and his eyebrows furrowed. Jason coughed a bit to catch his attentIon. Mr. Markson glared over at him rubbing his temples.

"Have the damn people call back later, im to busy to deal with those matters." A strict monotone reply jumped out towards Jason giving him the answer he desired. A few yells and arguements and the matter was settled simply as that. Jason stood up walking over to Mr. Marksons desk looking at the stacks of files and papers that were to be dealt with. He let out a heavy groan and carefully grabbed a stack that read "Jones case #23442" nestling it into his arm. "Ill handle this then, gives you more time to focus more upon other important matters. I could have stacy call up and handle another stack for you if you want sir." Jason asked, leaving against the oak wood desk that Mr. Markson owned. A few brief moments of silence went between them until a sharp annoying ringtone of Mr. Markson's cell phone came, shattering that sweet moment of silence like glass.

"Jesus, yeah handle that Jason, id appreciate it. Im going on break for this call, have Stacy handle the financial stuff needed to be done with the next meeting coming up. Be back in 15." Jason nodded back, getting to work. Mr. Markson looked down at his phone, groaned, then answered.

"Yes, hello. What do you need Kent?" Mr. Markson flipped he edges of his suit back,shoving his free hand in his pocket leaning against a wall. His blue tie nearly undone from the overnighter from the night before.

"Well isnt it lovely of you to answer, its time to live up to your fathers deal." The person on the other line responded in a stuck up tone that would annoy the hell out of anybody "You do know what that is right Drake?" . A few dead moments of silence came again as Drake pondered on the idea. He didn't owe any money to him, and he was stunningly confused on the whole subject.

"Uh, no i do not recall what deal you're speaking of sir..." Drakes voice trailed off as one of his employees walked by waving and simling trying to get in a hello. Drake's stomache grumbled he could smell the bacon cooking in the food area, his mouth watering. An ear- piercing clap of laughter came from the caller. It went on for a few minutes before he finally calmed himself down.

"Just make sure you're over here around 5:30 any later and ill spray you with the hose. Ill have my secretary email you our new address. See you then, Drakey boy." The caller hung up, letting the line go dead and beep as it transferred over to the home screen of his phone. He was still cmopletely confused, but knew he had to be there. With a few unbalanced nervous shuffles he stood up and started walking back to his desk.