Cruel Fate

Ok, so this was mostly completely random, I knew it was gonna be a bit angsty, but basically the is based on the Worst Ending from Bioshock 2 (So no spoilers really, it's only references the monster part.), sorry for the sudden angst lol, this is just what came to mind, just getting it out of the way. This is all Riku also, basically everyone else is dead, including Tenn, anyways enjoy I guess, sorry if it sounds weird anywhere, it's been a long time since I've written anything let alone posted it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After everything he had experienced, everyone he had met that hadn't gone completely insane, the outcome was no better, the only thing he could be described as, was a monster. The one thing he had tried to prove that man wrong about, is what he had ultimately become anyways. It didn't matter anymore to him, it was not as if that person could do anything now, he was long gone.

He had learned that his own survival and needs was all that mattered, it was survival of the fittest after all, and he was simply going along with it all. He had wished to be able to stay with Iori at the very least, but in the end, not even that was able to happen, even if he tried to save him from everything that happened in this twisted world, Rapture was cruel enough to take the person he loved away from him.

It was as if he was destined to be alone, anyone he had wanted to save ended up dead. He had tried so hard to prevent it all, but eventually, he gave up trying. He helped turn himself into a monster, by willingly killing anyone who got in his way anymore, if he couldn't save anyone, he might as well kill anyone who was trying to hurt him first, as long as he could survive, that's all that mattered anymore.

When he had first met Iori, he was honestly excited by the possibility of escaping together with him and seeing the world above, to see the clear blue sky and see what else there was in the world besides Rapture. He was happy to hear some others were going to help his brother escape as well, but now, he doubted that went any better, they were probably dead as well, and he wasn't able to prevent that either.

Maybe if things had been different, Rapture could have stayed a paradise under the sea and they could all live happily together, but like all good things, it had to come to an end, one that was horrifying and terrible. It made him sick to see how the people were now, to see what had happened to so many innocent little girls, to think this was how paradise would end up, it was like a nightmare.

When he had reached the surface, there was no blue skies, it wasn't peaceful, it was gloomy and it was down pouring, it wasn't what he had pictured for when he finally got to see the surface. Maybe it was more fitting this way, it would've been more sad if it wasn't raining, seeing the world he had imagined all alone, it made him feel even more alone.

Things could've turned out better, if only he had known how things would end up, he could've tried harder to do something about it all, but it was too late now. He wasn't afraid anymore to get blood on his hands, it wasn't like it mattered, those people had basically gone insane, they were trying to stop him and were the ones who helped take everything away from him, mercy was the last thing he was going to give them.

Honestly, he didn't care anymore, if only worrying about his own survival was all that mattered now, he didn't have to worry about anyone else getting in his way. His way of thinking had become twisted up, he truly was a merciless monster now, and he saw no issues with it anymore. Even if the world wasn't ready for someone like him, who had never seen the surface until now, they definitely weren't ready for what was coming their way.

Staring out at the sea, he wondered for a moment what it would've been like to experience it all with Iori and the others before shaking his head. There was no use in thinking what the what ifs, they were all dead, there wasn't anything he could do about it, except hope that in another time, things would be better, where they could all be happy together.

The world was about to change, and it was in no way a good change, getting more blood on his hands to survive wasn't going to bother him. This was what became of a Utopia that was supposed to be a world with Gods or Kings, it fell to pieces, and out of the destruction, a monster was now handed to the world above, and they wouldn't be able to stop him.