The Genesis of OpenStudy

In the beginning, ShadowFiend created the platform and the designs. 

Now the site was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of Preetha was hovering over the waters. 

And Preetha said, "Let there be Inquus Corporation," and there was Inquus. 

AshwinRam saw that the light was good, and he separated the light from the darkness. 

Preetha called the site “OpenStudy,” and the creatures she called “OwlFred.” And there was design, and there was functionability— the first day. 

And Myininaya said, “Let there be a vault between the users to separate moderators from administrators.” 

So ShadowFiend made the vault and separated the users under the vault from the moderators above it. And it was so. 

Preetha called the vault “Staff.” And there were Administrators, and there was moderation —the second day. 

And Preetha said, “Let the Administrators under the Staff be gathered to one place, and let members appear.” And it was so. 

Preetha called the interaction "live-feed,” and the gathered members she called “entrepreneurs .” And Preetha saw that it was good. 

Then ShadowFiend said, “Let the site produce revenue: seed-bearing traffic and feeds on the ads that bear money with value in it, according to their various kinds.” And it was so. 

The site produced money: revenue bearing currency according to their kinds and users bearing traffic with seed in it according to their kinds. And the Staff saw that it was good. 

And there was evening, and there was morning—the third day. 

And AshwinRam said, “Let there be tabs in the vault of the Site to separate the Sub-topics from the Topics, and let them serve as signs to mark sacred times, and curriculum and material, 

and let them be tabs in the vault of the site to give information on the mainframe.” And it was so. 

Shadowfiend made two great lights—the greater light to govern the Topics and the lesser light to govern the Sub-topics. He also made the Dropdown menu.

Shadowfiend set them in the vault of the Site to give Tabs on the Corporation, 

to govern the topics and the sub-topics, and to separate coursework from socialization. And Preetha saw that it was good. 

And there was evening, and there was morning—the fourth day.

And Preetha said, “Let the Site teem with living creatures, and let members fly above the interface across the vault of the mainframe.” 

So ShadowFiend created the great creatures of the Site and every living thing with which OpenStudy teems and that moves about in it, according to their kinds, and every Administrator according to its kind. And Preetha saw that it was good. 

Preetha blessed them and said, “Be fruitful and increase in number and fill the water in the seas, and let the members increase on OpenStudy” 

And there was evening, and there was morning—the fifth day. 

And Preetha said, “Let the site produce revenue according to their kinds: the members, the users that move along the mainframe, and the wild trolls, each according to its kind.” And it was so. 

Preetha made the trolls according to their kinds, the Administrators and moderators according to their kinds, and all the members that move along the site according to their kinds. And Preetha saw that it was good. 

Then Myininaya said, “Let us make Administrators in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the members in the mainframe and the Moderators on the Site, over the users and all the wild trolls, and over all the people that move along the site. 

So Preetha created OpenStudy in her own image, 

in the image of Preetha she created them; 

User and Moderator she created them 

Preetha blessed them and said to them, “Be fruitful and increase in number; fill OpenStudy and subdue it. Rule over the trolls in the depths and the Moderators on the site, and over every living member that moves on OpenStudy.” 

Then ShadowFiend said, “I give you every seed-bearing question on the face of the OpenStudy, and every response that has fruit with seed in it. They will be yours for enjoyment. 

And to all the trolls on OpenStudy and all the functions of the mainframe, and all the topics and sub-topics and questions that move along the feed—everything that has the breath of life in it— I give every question for responses." And it was so. 

Preetha saw all that he had made, and it was very good. And there was evening, and there was morning—the sixth day. 

Thus OpenStudy and the Programming were completed in all their vast array. 

By the seventh day, The Staff had finished the work they had been doing; so on the seventh day they rested from all their work. Then, The Staff blessed the seventh day and made it holy, because on it they rested from all the work of creating that they had done.

--

story choreographed by OpenStudy user Compassionate