Chapter 1

Izuku's POV

Ugh. Why do parties have to be so boring? Dances are suppose to be fun and filled with romance and intrigue, but what went wrong with this one. Maybe it's the fact that I don't know anyone here! Don't get me wrong, I know some of my friends from school but when they ditch you for their other friends, you will feel left out.

Luckily, I know a few people in the upper classes. Such as people from the general courses. One of them being Dabi, he is one of my friends older brothers who I've know for longer than my friend.

As I walk over to him I see him talking to a girl with messy space buns. "Hey Dabi!" I put on a nice and big smile and am retuned with a small turn of his lips.

"Hey Izu, how have you been lately? We don't talk too much anymore, what happened?" His 'smile' faded back into his stitched face. The girl behind him poked her head out to see me. She looked me head to toe then back to my head again. I felt a shiver through my whole spine. Scenting the stares from someone makes my hair stand on edge.

"I'm doing quite well. This dance kinda sucks though. I thought it would be easy to socialize, but it's a lot harder than back in middle and elementary school. So whose this you were talking to?" I direct his attention to the small life form standing behind him.

Pulling her by her hair, she stands in front of him with a look in her eyes that is a mix between interest and death. The death part seemed like it was just her personality but really it was the mask she wore. I've been studying the masks that people wear to cover up their true emotions. "My name is Toga. Would you like to exchange phone numbers as to stay in contact?" Her voice sounded like a radio station with a broken connection. So rehearsed it sounded fake.

"Oh sure! My name is Midoriya." We impute our numbers in each others phone along with our names. Dabi started to shake his head side to side.

"Is this really how all first years act? Damn, even I wasn't that awkward." And with that we laughed a little until it died out to the faint noise of music in the distance.

I turn and start to walk back to the rest of my friends who were currently taking a break for fresh air. Present Mic was the DJ and let's just say it's hard to stop dancing to his music.

"Where did you run off to? We were really missing you in there, a few of our other friends want to meet you!" Uraraka exclaims and grabs my arm to drag me into the building.

Some of the faces were ones I knew from my class and some were completely new. Ura drags me up to Tsu, Mina and Todo. One face, which I soon learned by heart, was Tetsutetsu. Kirishima seemed quite weird around him, I think that he likes him but I have been known to fangirl a lot so it might just be that. But if it does, tetshima shall be the name.

After dancing for what seemed like 5 hours, but was really only 2, I got a ride back home on the city bus. During so I received a text:

Toga🔪~ hey Mido, this is ur number right?

Izu~ yeah, wait did you put ur contact name in with a knife?

Toga🔪~ maybe, maybe that just autocorrected in and I just didn't delete it

Izu~ are u feeling okay? I mean, was I too awkward at the dance?

Toga🔪~ no, if anything I was awkward. I'm sorry. I-I just don't always have good first experiences with new people.

Izu~ I totally understand, I used to only have one friend, I literally followed them everywhere because I was scared of meeting new people

Toga🔪~ really? From what I gathered, you are a supper optimistic, kind souled, nice guy. Who wouldn't want to be ur friend?

Izu~ you would be surprised at how many bullies you get when ur quirkless and bisexual

Toga🔪~ dang, how can you even smile? I mean I thought I had it rough, but having bullies for something as small as a quirk and who you like? That's just-just not right

Izu~ what did you have it rough for?

Toga🔪~ I , well, my dad died when I was 6 and my mom committed suicide when I was 10, and now I live with my aunt and uncle

Izu~ ... how can you smile? I guess the death I saw in her eyes wasn't on her mask, but beneath it.

Toga🔪~ well you just turn the corners of your lips upwards and you pinch the crease of your eye tightly. Then you open your mouth to show your pearly whites! You could almost see her smile as she texts the very literal way of how to smile.

Izu~ thanks for the very detailed explanation of how to smile. Oops brb my bus stop is next. Bye

Toga🔪~ bye.

Why did the text almost seem sad? Who knows, all I know is that I don't want to go back to school on Monday. I feel sick in the stomach and just need some rest.

But the universe hates me so much that I can't sleep. I just lie awake listening to music until the sun rises. Ugh I think I'm related to Garfield, I hate Mondays.

Hello!
I'm so happy to get another book out. I've been having some writers block but this is getting those thoughts out there.
Have a nice day guys!!!

Shout out to @Charlenegx12 for helping me out of writers block!