Only The Good Die Young

Only the good die young.

Why?

This is the question I constantly ask myself. If they're such good people, why do they have to die? I've never really settled on an answer, and I probably never will, but it always comes back to me.

Why do the good die young?

I've heard a lot of reasons. One from my best friend, Allys, was that God wanted to be closer to them, so he let them die to become an angel. Another from Tiana, was that they're really angels, and they are only on the earth to watch over everyone, and make it a better place, and the bad people are really demons, who kill off these angels. But one of my favorites is that good people just meet bad people. Such a simple reason, but it could be the most accurate one I've heard. Angels, and demons, and God are just a myth. Yes, there's the bible and everything, but who wrote it? Just a regular old guy making up stories.

If there was a God, why wouldn't he just get rid of the bad people? Why would he let the good people die? The science of evolution has proof, when the theory of God is just a fairy tale made up by man.

Anyone who believes something as stupid as that is a fool! My mother had once said to me. I was just 6, and after going to church since I could walk, I was told that everything I was learning was lies. Of course, I was only six, so anything I was told, I would believe. Like when my sister had told me that dad was just gone on a "business trip". They didn't tell me that he was dead, and I had to find out myself when I called my aunt, asking when dad would get home. I was 8 when I made that phone call. Looking back at it, I can't believe I actually believed that he had been on a business trip for almost 2 years. So young. So naive.

My father was a good man. He went to church, he prayed every night at dinner, and before he went to bed, he was honest, he had a job, a good paying job at that, and he always used his manners and told us he loved us right before he left for work every morning.

So why did he have to die in that car crash? Why couldn't it have been the man who was texting and driving? Why couldn't it have been the man who had killed people before? Why didn't he die? Why? I'll tell you why. It's because God doesn't exist.

But all of my beliefs soon vanished when I met them.

Anyone who believes something as stupid as that is a fool!

Then call me a fool mother.

Call me a fool.