FIVE YEARS TILL THE END

Prologue…

A woman stared out into space. Beside her, stood a crying figure. A boy the age of ten. His mum lied still. The boy cried and wept. A strong hand grabbed him ruthlessly, and threw him into a dark dungeon. The little boy shivered.

"You have nothing," rasped a voice, "Your mother is dead, and your father is lost. You are in the hands of our leaders of Black and White. You are a disgrace to the People of Blachite."

The boy cried out in fear, then blackness blinded his eyes.

CHAPTER I……..FAREWELL MOTHER

I tried to struggle against the strong arms of the soldiers. I wept as my mother’s lifeless body got thrown into the Room of The Claims of The White King. I gasped in pain as my own body hit the moldy walls of the dungeon. The door was then locked with a heavy clinking of metal. Then, I remember my mother’s last words to me…          “Remember Advenin darling, I promised if I perished, I will give you all my things, but the most important thing you will have to get is the black and white box. Only open it when you shall feel so.”                                              I shuddered in the coldness of the dungeons. I had a flashback of his recent events. I remembered that I did what his mother asked when the soldiers came to the house. I ran to where the box was kept, and shoved the box into Silky Midnight. Silky Midnight was a black Inviskent. Inviskents are like blankets, but thinner and smaller. When I placed the object into Silky midnight, I wrapped the box with Silver Midnight, and the box vanished. Inviskets were supposed to do that, anyway. I ran with the wrapped boxed tightly gripped in my hands, but a white clothed soldier stopped me, and threw me into a cart, took me into the palace of the Black and White leaders, and locked me into the dungeons. I peered into the spaces between the bars. The moonlight shone through the dungeon windows. I placed my hand over the sign on the wall.

The sign of the black and white leaders. There were only two leaders. The Black Queen and the White King. I took my hand away from the sign. My attention was then focused on the box that my mother wanted me to have. As I touched the box, a tingling sensation ran through my body. It felt very pleasurable. I tried resisting my hand from the clasp of the box, but I was unsuccessful. Now I understood my mother’s words. I opened the black and white clasp, and I opened the lid. Well, I tried to. But it wouldn’t budge. I felt disappointed. My mother left me a box that could not open. I placed the box back into my Invisket, and placed the Invisket under my shirt. Silky Midnight squirmed a little, but then settled in my shirt. I layed down on the hard earth floor, drooped my eyelids down when…

I opened my eyes as I heard a clinking noise.                                                                            “Whozerr??” I called out sleepily.                                                                                         “It is one of your leaders,” replied a voice that resembled a hummingbird. I heard the bars of the dungeon opening. I was frightened out of my wits. Which one of the two leaders were about to torture me? I backed away as an arm, draped in black silver reached out for me. The Black Queen. I always knew that she was the kinder out of the two leaders, but that didn’t mean she couldn’t hurt me. 

“It’s okay Advenin,” cooed the Black Queen, “I’m not going to hurt you. Please come out.”

“No wayyy,” I droned sleepily, “Youu are going to hur… hur… hurt mee.”

“No I’m not,” said the Black Queen, “Us leaders don’t lie, do we?”

In fact, on the contrary, they do sometimes lie, but rarely. I had no choice, but to drag myself to the Black Queen. I looked up and saw a ghostly, pale white face, with two onyx eyes, and long black eyelashes. Her cheeks were a light shade of black, and her eyebrows were outlined in dark black. She also had eye-shadow the same shade as her cheeks, and her lips were the colour of glossy dark black. Her long hair were like a ravens, and it came down to her feet. A transparent, black veil hung down her back, and she was clothed in black silk.