Chapter One ~ I Should've Walked Away

Bitterness swirled the cold air around her, tugging at the silky layers of her blood red dress as the aftertaste of aged wine tingled at her lips, equally as red. How could she've let this get so far? She never wanted this life, she never even dreamed of her future being this intolerable. If only she could've changed back time; a power only her dreams would forsake a false hope. She proceeded to ponder pitifully. That was until dawn's mist covered all living grass in fresh relished dew. She went back inside. The past catching up to her like a lion to it's pray.

He looked up to the sky and took In the violent smell of the dampen honeysuckle dew, a thin layer coating the grass below his feet.
This was once a place he visited most often, a place to escape his expectations given to him. His eyes searched for any trace of life, anyone to save him from his harsh reality. A tickle of rain landed on his nose, yet where one came another fell, like humans. His head, now fully exposed, as his feet carried him in the direction he faced to be given shade in the trees from the crying sky. Looking west he sought a deep forest to travel down; so he did just that. Of course this opportunity was not for him to take advantage of, it was just a mere test of the worthy. He ran deeper into the forest, so deep he felt as though he must of ran miles, he was so used to the aching of his calf's that he had not yet to realize the pain was even there. He stopped when he came to a rock tiled trail that lead a separate path, his curiosity seemed to get the best of him as his face gave off an all too foxy grin. So at that moment what did he do? He followed that trail till there was no trail to follow, and at the end was no pot of gold, no, it was yet another field, yet this grass was invested by a farm and its Manor. With a Manor came upper class snobs. With upper class snobs came heartbreak.

                              ~♡~

"Young mistress." A voice illuminated around the halls as a timid woman came crashing into a doubled door bedroom.
A grunt came from the triple sheet covered bed.

"Charlotte! I can tell from under these blankets that the sun hasn't awoken." The bubble of sheets grunted in annoyance.

"Miss the curtains are closed." Charlotte dusted off her hands and moved to the windows. Before she could open them, the girl under the sheets fell from her bed, cursing as she crawled around. "Young mistress! The floor is unclean!" Charlotte made no hesitation to get the messy haired girl up from the floor.

"Save me the concern, I'd rather not be blinded." The girl stables herself before throwing the sheets back in her bed. "Besides, if I can sit in grass and dirt then the floor of my room is the least of my concerns." She made her way over to the wardrobe in her walk in closet and pulled out a pair of tan pants to match with a ocean colored turtleneck that was beneath a peacock green button up blouse. Gently laced with gold silk. She went over to the other half of her closest to pull out a pair of gold laced upper thigh high brown boots that stapled at the top with darker brown straps. She put on a pair of finger chopped gloves to finish it off.