Chapter 1

I have a secret and it will only stay here between you and I as our worlds are connected as one.... We live near dragons. Not mythical creatures but far beyond that. It's true that they're huge, breathe fire, and fly to the sky's limit while stalking low. But the dragons have lived here millions of years before us. Their minds wild and wicked, destroying everything in their paths if possible. This all changed when a priestess named Mika came into why was called the 'Forbidden Land' and tamed a dragon. The legend says that she wondered into the land as a child, not knowing the danger. A dragon saw her and ran to her, wanting to destroy her. And all Mika  did as a child was laugh. This beast was only centimetres from her, while she laughed. They say that the dragon took a liking to her heart and saw the child as no harm to them. It then began teaching her the dragons ways and powers. But against the will of her entire village she ventured there secretly to that land each day. On the first day of winter, all of her happiness came crashing. Her whole village along with her family found out about her whereabouts. The aftermath was not a good one. She was disowned and banned from her village. But Mika did not leave alone, she had many followers that were willing to go with her and follow her. Mika's followers wanted her and the dragons to be their gods. She continued to rule as her and her people built 12 villages in that forbidden land. There was 1 main village at the heart of that land. That was the village Lady Mika lived and that is where we celebrate 'The Dragon Reborn' festival. Mika never let us see dragons even after her demise but I was determined for I will see and tame a dragon.

I go by the name of Sy'Yuri, I am the womanly age of 16 years. I was separated from my mother and sister Tatsu at a very young age. My mother died shortly after, while my sister was brought to the village in the heart of the land. Me? I was brought to my father, who'd I never seen in my life. He lived in the poorest village of the 12. The village known for its foul mouth and gossip. But I hear people say that my father is the most respectable person in the village. Things between me and my father were troublesome at first. But that never stopped me from looking for my sister for 8 years. This year at the festival I will find my sister....