Chapter 1

It was 7:38 pm in Cardiff, I was at the Hoggs' dinner table with my friend, Leo. Leo's parents were discussing their dream jobs and how they regretted skipping college. They both knew he hated the subject yet they continued. 

"I'm going to my room to sleep," Leo yawned.

"I'll go with him Mrs. Hoggs," I mumbled.

I was never too open to Leo's parents, as they always gave me a lecture the moment I said a word, so I usually left as soon as I could.

Leo's room is the cleanest I have ever seen in my life. Everything had a place and nothing moved unless it was absolutely necessary. I usually stay in his room and study his towering bookshelf while he speaks with his parents. Today was an exception. It was Leo's fourteenth birthday. 

Sadly, no one knew, and no one cared other than his parents, of course. Leo was an odd child. He had Down's Syndrome but he wasn't very social or outgoing. He would rather stay in his room and read his books.

Leo's birthday is always the most special day of both our lives. I don't care for my birthday as it's always so uninteresting, and no one ever knew (or cared) because I'm an orphan.

"So, how are you going to celebrate your birthday this year?" I asked.

"I don't know, Morgan, maybe I will buy new books with my birthday money!" Leo exclaimed.

"You can do something else this year, right? I think your parents trust you to go somewhere different this year. They also said I don't have to come with you if you don't want me to, and I underst-" I added before Leo interrupted suddenly.

"What do you mean I don't want you to come? I want you to come more than anything because you're my best friend!"

"Alright, alright! I'll come with you," I climbed on his table. "I will be your humble servant and mighty bodyguard and protect you with my life. I won't let you down sir." I announced in my most majestic voice.

Little did I know that I would regret saying this just moments later.