Come In, We're Open! | RK

Hairstylist! AU

Ship: Rosékook

Summary: Roseanne is a hairstylist who has been struggling with her salon. In comes Jungkook, a talented stylist, and nephew to one of her regular customers.

✂️✂️✂️

"You look stunning, as always!" Roseanne compliments, moving the mirror left to right as the woman marveled at her new hairdo through the glass.

"Oh, this is absolutely beautiful!" the woman turns towards Roseanne and beams, immediately fishing for her wallet in her faux leather purse, "You're truly the only person I trust to ever touch my hair, Roseanne."

"It's always a pleasure, Mrs. Kim," Roseanne smiles back as they walked to the counter together.

After Mrs. Kim sorted out her things and payed, she stops at the door.

"My nephew... He is very interested in this kind of thing," she says, looking around at the salon, "You always seem so tired, dear. Wouldn't you like someone to help you?"

Roseanne shrugs in response. She had built this business from the bottom up, and so far she and Minnie, a girl who only took shifts once or twice a week, were the only people who were running it. Mrs. Kim was a regular customer, who supported her ever since she had opened the doors eight months ago. Financially, she would be lying if she said she was fine working by herself.

"I was hoping to put up a sign soon," she admits, "I wouldn't mind having a few more people working with me, honestly."

"Well, then, that's perfect! My nephew has been looking for a job recently, and hairstyling seems to be something he's awfully skilled at. However, I refuse to get my hair done by him, since it would be as if I was cheating on you," she laughs.

"Sounds good to me, Mrs. Kim. Any kind of help is appreciated!" Roseanne says cheerfully before waving one last goodbye to the middle aged woman.

She sighs deeply, looking around the salon once more. It was what she had always dreamed about. The modern white brick wall with her name illuminated in pink neon, Rosé Aesthetics, stood right across from her. Flowery plants hung from the ceiling in gold and silver accented planters, and the speakers were playing music she had carefully hand-picked from her favorite playlist.

It looked perfect. It was perfect. But something felt missing, and she knew that the flow of customers wasn't what she was expecting. Of course, Mrs. Kim would recommend some of her friends to the salon, but even then, business has been awfully slow. Her employee who she had hired just three months ago, Minnie, only had time to work twice a week, which meant that she was stuck being alone most of the time.

She had remembered the long training sessions she had to go through with Minnie, who seemed to be only a beginner at styling hair. While she was good with blow-drying and basic hairstyling, she struggled with cutting and dyeing.

"Hopefully Mrs. Kim's nephew is as good as she praised him to be," she mumbled under her breath, before flipping the welcome sign and turning off the lights.

It was four days later when she heard the chime of the door opening, indicating her first customer of the day. She immediately straightened up after leaning over the counter for the whole morning in boredom.

The person was definitely someone she had never seen before. It was a boy with straight black hair, and a muscular build. She couldn't see his face properly since he hid half of his face under a black face mask.