Chapter 1- Beggars cant be choosers

Welcome guys. So excited for you guys to read. I kept the first chapter short because I know most people prefer that when they are trying out a completely new book. This story is very different but don't you worry because I'm going to keep it watpadd cliche style but with a sprinkle of originality.
I also won't be mentioning any locations of places because it's better to just imagine.

This book will have a lot of people triggered. 'A lot of people will be scared right here and I don't care to name em' so enjoy!

Please just try it out and if you love it support me.

CHRISSIE's POV

'Hey baby, I'm sure you know who this is already. It's no surprise I'm digging those round, full butter-like smooth lips. That lipgloss you wear drives me crazy but not as much as that feisty attitude. The crazy afro you rock sometimes with those shiny gold beads gets me so excited. You should wear it more. We've known each other for ages and all I can think about is your curvy hips and my hands around that-'

A slight gasp escaped from my gaping mouth as my eyes all together bulged with exasperation. My internal reflex directed my fingers that quickened to grasp the flimsical piece of paper my best friend held tightly in her hands above her head, mocking me as she mimicked the words, 'Hey baby'.

So embarrassing! So cringe! So annoying! Why me?

I held the crumpled, deteriorating piece of paper in my fingers, shoving it in my blazer pocket roughly. I propped my elbows on the counter and buried my face in them to hide my obvious unsettled face, Meanwhile hearing my friend Imani who was struggling to breathe at my reaction.

Thank goodness for my melanin otherwise, my cheeks and entire face would be splurging the color red.

Sigh. Why had I asked her to read it? Now I had to endure her inevitable teasing, mimicking and so on. Out of all boys why him though? I deserved better.

We were currently at the small (sometimes way too overcrowded) Sam's chicken shop on my local high street, which is where we usually went after school. Well, one of the chains. It was that popular.

OH-MY! was I glad it was only us inside. But where was everyone today? Not that I cared so much because I preferred it that way. It was a rare and unusual occurrence to see it as empty as it was because I was there nearly every other day. There was no better place to go.

"NOW THAT!! THAT HAS- MADE - MY - DAY!!" I peered up from my sulk/tantrum and eye my best friend Imani to see the biggest smile ever-expanding on her face as she struggled to get the words out. This wasn't funny.

Ugh. Could she be any louder?

Apart from the fact that I was highly irritated, I couldn't help but admire her bambi-like brown eyes that could do no harm and her brown caramel-toned skin that was clear as day. No wonder the boys swooned after her.

I was still annoyed though. I watched her bemused as she dug her olive-brown oily fingers into her gourmet platter of chicken and chips with the finishing touch of ketchup sauce splurged everywhere. I don't know how we ate this nearly every day.

"Will you shut up Imani," I say on the verge of panicking. "I'm so not in the mood for food anymore so let's just go alright!" I demand while walking towards the exit in a sulk.

Could one good (handsome, tall, dark skin, sexy, edible, delicious) guy just like me and actually mean it? I could sacrifice the tallness.

"I know you secretly love it Chrissie-or shall I say, baby," She says mouth stuffed,winking at me. My eyes narrowed towards her now disappearing smirk. "Okay okay, you just take everything so seriously. At least you have a potential valentine! I mean come on! Jermaine is nothing but a sweetheart." She shoves my shoulder playfully.