Ch.1 Monday

The sound of screaming is what Lamar woke up to. He sat up on his bed and then went to the restroom to wash his face. As he turned on the water,nothing came out. He hadn't paid the water bill. Lamar shook his head disappointedly. He went to check on his mother who was on the ground shaking he went to get her up and noticed the bruises. Lamar sat her up against the mattress on the floor and ran to the front door but didn't make it in time to see who was walking out. He couldn't look out a window. They were all boarded up. He asked his mom who it was and she only grinted. Angrily he pounded his fist against the thin wall leaving a hole. He went back into his room and got dressed in less than  five minutes he was ready to go. He stopped in the kitchen and opened the fridge only to see a half eaten moldy peanut butter and jelly sandwich. He slammed the fridge. He walked out of the door and slammed it then locked it. He walked down the street waving at everyone he knew "How you and ya mama holdin' up ova dere?" said Old Man Joe who owned the drug store on the corner. "We makin' it." is what Lamar responded. "Hey Lil L let me know when you need some business" said Frankie who was one of the most popular drug dealers in this neighborhood. Lamar just nodded. He waved left and right until he got to Washington Highschool. Lamar walked through those creeky old doors and headed straight for his locker. Keshia,Lamar's girlfriend was waiting for him. As he approached the locker they both smiled Keshia said "Here boy!",slamming a brown bag into his chest he opened it and saw that there was a toothbrush some toothpaste some deodorant and a sausage biscuit still a bit warm from McDonalds. Keshia always knew what Lamar needed. Lamar and Keshia said there goodbyes and planned to meet up at lunch. Lamar was headed to class but stopped in the restroom to use its water to brush his teeth and wash his face. He put on the deodorant and headed to class.