Different

I wish things were different. Not as in how it was before different, I just want to see a change in this life, I believe life should be filled with beauty and laughter... instead all this world has to offer is pain and disaster. I have tried what my mom always told me to do which was spread my joy, but each time I do I am met with emotions I do not enjoy.
My teachers have always told me to hope for the best and to expect the worst, but how can you hope when all you've seen is the worst? It is as if I have been locked away, with nothing more to say. Truth is my mouth still has yet to open. Strangers know nothing yet call me an open book.
How can you read a book when all you've done is look..When all you have seen is the cover, and have yet to peal the first page open and discover.. There is more to a person than just their appearance.
People aren't made to stand alone, even when we have been worn out by many souls and even when we ourselves feel like giving up, there is still more. More than what meets the naked eye. So if you ever told yourself you aren't good enough or that you aren't pretty enough. I advise you to find a better mirror and I advise you to look a lot deeper. Something inside told you, you are enough and something once told you to never give up that hope.