Explosions hurt but words hurt more (Katsuki Bakugou x reader)⚠️❤️

A/N: The readers quirk is fluid manipulation

—Flash back to when you were young—

"Katsu! Why are you so mean to Izu-kun?" You whine, voice high as it is since you're five years old just like everyone else. In front of you a scene was playing out, Katsuki Bakugou was pinning Izuku Midoriya to the ground creating small explosions by his face. You grimace at the scene, walking— no, *stomping* over to Katsuki. You grab him by the shoulder and try to toss him off of Izuku.

"Get off of him you big bul— eeee!" As you went to place a hand on Katsu's shoulder he flung his hand back detonating an explosion in your face.

"Back away (y/n)-chan! He can fight his way out of this! Can't you *Deku*?" He teased. You fell backwards onto your butt. Covering your face you screamed in pain. The other bullies in Katsu's little group looked over at you, a little concerned. Izuku's eyes widened as he heard you cry.

"K-Kacchan! Get! Off!" He squeaked, pushing Katsuki off of him and onto the ground, he skittered over to you, putting his hands on your shoulders he kneels in front of you.

"Are you okay?" He mumbled, Katsuki chuffed behind him, grumbling that Izuku was weak, and that he better stay out of his way, Izuku seemed to pay no mind to him as he gently rubbed your shoulders. You peered up at him, dropping your hands and he covered his mouth with one hand. Down your neck, and the bottom of your left jaw was torn up, your flesh was peeled up, torn, singed, and bloodied.

"Y-you're bleeding!" He squeaked.

"I-Is it t-that b-bad 'Z-Zuku?" You whimpered through your gritted teeth. He looked away slightly before standing and offering you a hand. You slowly took it.

"C-C'mon (y/n) let's go see my mom, she can help!" He lifted you up gently and wrapped his arm around your waist.

~~oOo~~

You two arrived at the Midoriya household fairly quickly, they lived just a little ways away from the park so it wasn't that far. You had been staying with your parents at the time but they were out on a business trip at the moment, you were entrusted to the Midoriya's for the time being.

"Mooom!" Called out Izuku. A moment later the friendly green-haired woman rounded the corner, smiling, until she saw you.

"(Y/n)! Goodness! What happened to you?" She cried, ushering you two inside. She lead you to the bathroom, Izuku following close behind. You continued to sniffle and weep, not bothering to respond.

"K-Kacchan, he— I,, h-he w-was and then he!—" Izuku tried to stutter out what happened to you. You look up at him with teary eyes.

"H-here, Izuku is always getting into scrapes, this may sting a little..." Mrs. Midoriya poured some liquid onto a cloth and then placed it on your wounded neck.

"AA!" You screeched in pain, your vision flashed white then black.

~~oOo~~

You slowly shifted, eyes fluttering open. Where were you? Right! Izuku's house! You realized you couldn't move your neck all that well, slowly you grazed your fingers against soft bandages. Right. Ka— *Bakugou* had blasted your face open. Glancing around the room it was covered in... All Might merchandise? Oh! Of course! Izuku's room! Sitting up you move to stand before stumbling over.

"Ouch..." you mumble out. Izuku rushed in.

"You're okay!"

"I guess..." You mumble. You run a hand over your other arm. "Thanks for caring Izu-Kun," you watch as his face goes red.

"T-thanks! I-I mean y-you're welcome! I'll get mom to drive you home okay? Your parents are back!" You nod as he runs out to the room.

~~oOo~~ Two Weeks Later ~~oOo~~