The Beginning

It's been two years since I graduated from Suffolk University Law School. I graduated second of my class, this helps me find a job much more faster than the rest of my graduating class. I started working at Morris Count Prosecutor about three months after graduating. I knew that there would be some gruesome cases but the one I received two days ago was more gruesome cases but the one I received two days ago was more gruesome than any case that I have ever gotten. It would be better if I start from the beginning. 

       It was a chilly Saturday afternoon when I received the case. My higher up said it would be great if I took the case to help me improve my skills, so of course I took the case. I started by reading through the case. At first the case seemed like any homicide case but reading further through it I realized that this was more than just " any homicide case". The case was called "The Skinner". The killer's name is Morgan Burns. He has killed more than thirty men. He starts by stalking the victims for a week and getting to know their daily schedules. After figuring out their schedules and knowing where they live, he knocks on their doors pretending to be salesman. Once they allow him to enter their homes, he hits them with his briefcase. He ties them up to a kitchen chair and waits for them to wake up. Once they are up he opens his briefcase, which has all of his murder weapons inside, and takes his " most prized possession" and starts skinning them alive. Once he has completed his ritual he places the skin in a bag. Since the victim has died from shock he hides the carcass in a closet and leaves.

    I couldn't read anymore of the case so I went to speak to the head detective of the case and to see all of the evidence. Detective of the case and to see all of the evidence. Detective Jones said that Burns neighbors called in complaining about the smell of death coming from his apartment. 

   "We sent uniform cops there and what they found was something out of a horror movie. Do you have a weak stomach?"

   With hesitation I answered, " No?"

    Detective Jones pulled out twenty different boxes. In each box was the skin of all of the known victims. Yes, known victims, meaning there are more to be found. I talked with Detective Jones for more than an hour until it was time for me to meet Morgan Burns' lawyers. We talked for what seemed like forever. I tried to make a deal but it fell through so we are going to court.