Chapter 1

It was a snowy day in the human world, and inside the house which is also a clothing store, a young girl named Rarity who was wearing a sparkly red dress, and red high-heels was looking around for her younger sister named Sweetie Belle as she said "Sweetie Belle! Sweetie Belle!" She entered her bedroom as she said "Sweetie Belle! Sweetie Belle, where are you?! We're late!" She sighed as she said "How do little sisters know the exact worst time to disappear?" When she looked at herself in the mirror, she spotted Sweetie Belle who was wearing a sparkly white and green dress, white stockings, and dark green Mary-Jane shoes sitting on a pink beanbag chair hidden in the corner of her bed with a sad look on her face as she said "Hmmm." She quietly snuck up on her, and tickled her sides as she started laughing. As Sweetie Belle looked back at her sister, she said "Tell me you haven't been in my room this whole time." "Well, not forever." Sweetie Belle said. "Didn't you hear me calling for you?" Rarity asked. "We're late! The Charity Christmas Ball starts in, like, five minutes. All our friends and family are already there! Come on!" She started to walk away, but stopped when she realized that Sweetie Belle was not following her as she said "Small person not next to me...Sweetie Belle? Come on!" She laughed as she walked back to her sister, and said "Wow. Looks like someone's got the Christmas Spirit."

"This isn't Christmas!" Sweetie Belle said. "Really?" Rarity asked. "Because the calendar says December 24th, Christmas Eve, and pretty much everyone we know is at the Charity Christmas Ball, where we need to be." "I don't want to go to the ball!" Sweetie Belle said. "I want to do what we do every Christmas Eve! I want to stay home, and make cookies, and drink cocoa, and sing carols, and open a special present! That's what we do, and I'm staying here until we do it!" "Okay, I know you miss what we usually do, but look what we get instead." Rarity said. "We'll go to a big party, spend time with our friends and family, and support a really good cause. The ball will raise money for a hospital. It's Christmas!" "I hate Christmas!" Sweetie Belle said. "I see." Rairty said. She then thought for a minute, and said "Hmm. You know what? I think it's okay if we run a little late. I wanna show you something." She went to her shelf, and picked up a pink snowglobe with a little snowman inside it.

When Rarity showed the snowglobe to Sweetie Belle, she said "That's your snowglobe. You said I wasn't allowed to touch it." "Well, this is a special occasion." Rarity said. "Go on." Sweetie Belle gently held onto the snowglobe as Rarity winded it up. As it played the song Silent Night, Rarity said "There's a story behind this snow globe." "There is?" Sweetie Belle asked. Rarity nodded as she said "A story about the beauty of Hearth's Warming Eve which is their version of our Christmas in the land of Equestria, and how one mare discovered it many, many years ago. Her name was Starlight Glimmer, and she was the most famous singing star in all the land. She was beautiful, talented, and incredibly full of herself. She hated Hearth's Warming Eve." "Hey, just like how I hate Christmas." Sweetie Belle said. "Really?" Rarity asked. "Hmm. Must be a coincidence."

-In the land of Equestria-

It was a snowy day in the city of Manehatten, and inside the Manehatten theater. a unicorn with a moderate purple mane with a lighter purple and pale light grayish aquamarine streaks, moderate persian blue eyes, and a purple and white star with a teal and light teal tail on it for her cutie mark named Starlight Glimmer was on stage, singing a Hearth's Warming Eve song. When she finished singing, the pony audience appluded and cheered for her as she took a bow. A unicorn mare named Lyra Heartstrings then gave her a bouquet of yellow roses. She blew a kiss to the pony audience as she walked backwards, and the red curtain dropped on her. Once she was backstage, she tossed the bouquet aside as she said "Ugh!" The bouquet landed on the piano, and her pet cat named Opalescence who was sitting on it meowed loudly. "I hate Hearth's Warming Eve!" Starlight Glimmer said. As she paced in the backstage area, she said "Singing those insipid little carols every year!" As Opalescence followed her, she said "I am a classically trained pony songstress! I perform opera, Opal." Opalescence meowed as Starlight Glimmer said "Opera!" She stopped walking when she realized that a tray full of tea and crumpets were not on the table nearby as she said "Where's my tea and crumpets?!" Opalescence meowed as Starlight Glimmer said "There's supposed to be a tray of tea and crumpets right here! And where's Trixie?!" She looked around as she said "Trixie! Trixie! Trixie!"