Tragedy

I raced down the corridor rushing to make it to class. I could hear my fellow students opening their lockers to retrieve the books required for their afternoon classes. Suddenly, I heard an ear wrenching sound, the sound of a gun being shot. I whipped around to see a student lying in a heap on the floor while another student reloaded his pistol he turned around saw me then pulled the trigger, a pain broke out in my chest. A student had pulled a gun out of his locker and shot another student and I. As my vision faded I heard screams of terror and more gunshots. I put one hand on my chest and felt my own blood drench it. I used the last of my strength to let out a mangled cry pleading for help, then everything went black.
I woke up in a hospital bed looked around and saw a patient that I recognized from school. His name was Nathan, he had chocolate brown hair, bright blue eyes with a green ring around his pupil. The reasoning behind the green ring is a condition he was born with called central heterochromia. Many people think he is creepy or call him possessed because of it, but I think it's unique and perfect. Then a nurse came in his area and closed a curtain, separating us, blocking my view of him. A few minutes later a nurse came in and said, "Oh, good you're awake, we'll notify your family immediately." Then she left. Maybe fifteen minutes later my family entered my area. I saw my mom's eyes light up when she saw me. She raced over to me encasing me in a tight embrace."I was so worried, James," she looked at me empathetically, " I was so scared for you." Tears started rolling down her cheeks she let go of me.
I started making conversation with my family. Everything was fine until I said," I can't wait to see Ellanora again!" My family's faces turned grimm. "James," my mom said cautiously,"Ellanora died in the shooting."

A/N: I'll try to update this weekly, if I don't, I'll try to make chapters longer