Chapter 1

"17th, July, 2016, evening.

The third day when we arrived waters around Iceland.

Rhein is researching with radar in master space now. No footprint of merman yet. I seriously doubt that merman can survive in such cold water, but Rhein insists that he had got the track of merman here last year.

According to known record, merman is tropical life. Nevertheless, I'm not letting any hope go off my hand.

I'm desperate to see real merman.

I wish my name could be the continuation of the great biologist. I wish I could finish what he could not, keeping exploring the mysterious species."

I wrote these on my diary, looking at the cabin window in a coincidence.

It was dark outside. I could only see my table lamp's warm light reflecting on the glass and my skinny outline on it. Black hair, black eyes, pale face, I looked totally like a drug abuser.

I laughed out. Rhein had said that sometimes I was so stubborn that like a psycho. Who knows, maybe I was.

I wrote all these down. The pen point suddenly ripped the paper deeply for I had a sudden sense of anxiety. Right at that moment, there were shouting outside. "Desharow, my little Wallace! Come out, there is something under the water!"

My hand trembled and my body reacted faster than my brain. I rushed to the master space and ran into Rhein who had just walked out of the room. He hugged me tightly with open arms, pointing at the deep-sea remote camera's screen in excitement, "Wallace, look, I told you there are merman here! You should believe me at the first place!"

My eyes were wide open. I lost my breath when I finally saw the moving shallow on the screen. That was a clear streamline outline. What distinguish him from shark and dolphin was that he did not have fins on his body, but his arms were like human arms.

That was truly, a merman.

"Cast ... cast the net! Rhein, what are you waiting for!"

I jumped up like waking from a dream, beating Rhein's chest. He, however, grasped my wrist and laughed. "You think I response slowly like you? The merman is already caught by our smell trap. Or why do you think it's not running away now?"

"You!"

I dashed to the deck, seeing sailors are diving down and casting the net. Spreading on the sea, the fluorescent bouy on the net were like stars in the sky. They went in the water with the sailors. My heart was experiencing ups and downs like the waving waves and nervous like under huge water pressure.

This was about to be one of the greatest discoveries in human biological history.

Thinking of this, I could not help being stiff. I stepped on the mast, even wishing I can go with the sailors to bring the merman up.

"Wallace, relax! Don't push yourself in the water!"

Rhein smirked behind me. I quivered and was being hold by his arms. I was scared by him and almost sank into water like he had just joked. He grasped me back just in time and we fell on the deck together. My ass was so close to his face. Lucky for him that I was not so heavy, otherwise he may lose his bridge of the nose.

"Dude, no need to be so hungry about my ass, you know."

I stood up and smirked to him. Rhein lay on the deck freely, smiling like a jerk, "In biological view, your butt's shape is good, and might taste good as well. Another great discovery tonight."

"Your knee's hardness is also good." I kicked on his knee.

The next second, the sound of the water grabbed all my attention. I squatted by the mast, watching the sailors put the net on the hanging bracket. The net enwound, covering a wet body twisting like a shark.