Chapter One

Making plans and actually doing them are two different things. I've always dreamed that when I was 18 I would fly out to Los Angeles to figure out my future. My dreams quickly became a reality when I stepped into the 'Atlanta International Airport'. I was putting up this calm, collected, mature front for my mom, praying she wouldn't see through me. But in actual reality I was a nervous wreck.

I should probably introduce myself. I'm Natalie, I am eighteen and I am about to board a plane that will either make or break my future. No big deal right? Who am I kidding I can't do this. Mom was right, I'm not prepared for this. I can just turn around now and pretend I never woke up this morning--

"Nat, are you okay?" My mothers gentle voice pulled me out of my thoughts, "You look distressed. Are you having second thoughts?"

I stayed silent, starring straight ahead.

"Natalie Anne, look at me," she demanded still in a gentle but forceful way. I look at her after a moment, "Okay. How long have you been planning this?"
"For as long as I can remember," I mumble.
"And how long did you beg me to let you go?"
"Two weeks," I reply meekly.
"Exactly!! You're not bailing on this now. If people never took chances because they were scared then the world would be a very boring place," she replied hugging me.
"Now do you have your ticket?" I nodded.
"Your money?" I nodded.
"Your ID? Your luggage? Your-"
"MOM!! I have everything, don't worry." I cut her off. I gave her one last hug before I walked through security. When I was about to head off into my terminal I looked back and waved, mouthing 'I love you.'

I walked do the long corridor passing excited families, overpriced coffee, and serious business men on their phones. I finally reach the terminal and take a seat, seeing as I can't board the plane for another two hours due to some layover. Luckily the airport has wifi so I pull out my laptop which is covered in band stickers. Particularly one band in general, One Direction. They have been my guilty pleasure for the last four years so, don't judge me.

I'm about 30 minutes into my Netflix show when there is a tap on my shoulder. I huff annoyed and unplug my head phones, turning my attention toward my interrupter. The culprit is no other than the emerald eyed, Harry Styles. I make a fast decision to keep my fangirl emotions under control and play hard to get. Guys love a chase right! Right?

"Nice laptop, love." He says with a dimpled smirk
"Oh, these guys..... They aren't that big of a deal. Just some like pop mainstream boy band," I commented not look him in the eyes.
"Mainstream huh?"
"Yeah, I imagine them to be like every typical cookie cutter popstars." I say while messing with a piece of hair, trying so hard not to laugh when I hear Harry grunt next to me. It's quiet for a while until I burst of laughter.
"You..should have... seen your... face." I say between breaths. Harry is silent for a while before he begins laughing as well.
After a few minutes, it goes silent.
"I'm Natalie, Natalie Evans and I do not think you're mainstream," I say while extending my hand for him to shake.
"I'm Harry, Harry Styles but I think you already knew that,"

----------------------------------------------
Okay so this is my first time ever writing fanfiction. Tell me what you think and if you want me to continue.

All the love,
Syd