HI!

Chapter 1

A young girl laid on her bed listening to music, fantasizing about a life she could never have. A life where her parents love her, she had friends and where she wasn't alone. She closed her eyes tightly, as tears rolled down her face

Roxanne was awoken with a jump as she remembered that day like it was yesterday. No, it's been years now she has responsibilities, now she has someone she needs to keep safe. She got off the bed carefully to not wake up her baby brother. She walked over to her mirror and looked at the crackdown in the middle remembering the struggles she faced as a child, not that they got better just more common. She looks at her reflection wondering how a pair of light blue eyes could hold so much damage and pain. Her Blonde hair ratted and tangled she needed to shower but priorities were first. She walked over to her dresser and grabbed a bathing suit and threw it on. She walked to the bed and woke up Jake.

"Hey buddy, good morning, do you want to have a bath?"

"Good Mowning Roxy, yes please"

"Okay let's go"

She walked out of the bedroom first, she carefully tiptoed passed the living room where her mom laid passed out on the couch with a barricade of beer bottles around her. She turned around and looked at her brother and put her finger Up to her lips. They reached the washroom and Roxanne locked the door then began to run the bath, once it was nice and warm with bubbles flowing over the edge she got in then her brother joined her. After the 15 minute bath of throwing bubbles and a journey to treasure island, they jumped into a five-minute shower. Roxanne got out of the shower first and wrapped a towel around her, she then helped jake step out and wrapped his green dragon robe-towel around him. Roxanne dried him off and then she grabbed Jake's pyjamas and they quietly snuck back to the room careful not to wake up their mom.