Beep.

Beep.

Beep. Only this one was much longer and more dreadful than the prior two.

Silence.

Nurse number one rushed into the room, followed by two, three, and four. We were forced out of the room by the doctor when he trailed in shortly afterwards.

Cries; wails, sobs.

Choked out words of reassurance.

Pitiful looks from those who walked past.

I stood in the nearest corner. My expression was held straight; indifferent. It didn't phase me as much as it probably should have, but death didn't do to me what it did to others.

"7:46 p.m.," a nurse walked out of the room saying. "I'm really sorry Mr. And Mrs. Xavier, but we did our best."

New tears.

Condolences began.

I could see where my now deceased brother was laying. His face was pale, eyes were shut, and chest was stiff.

A hand on my shoulder brought my attention away from the room. The doctor was standing behind me. "I should introduce myself," he began, pulling his hand off of my shoulder and brushing it through his pitch black hair. "My name is Doctor Jonathan Sidero. I'm really sorry about your brother. Such a short lived life."

I shrugged. My brother, Cameron Xavier, was 17 years old, a star athlete at his high school, and a trouble maker. He should have known he was going to get himself into something like this. Everyone should have known something was going to happen.

"Anyway," Doctor Sidero coughed lightly, "since you seem to be in a more lightened mood to speak, if I could pull you into my office to go over some things. I'm sure you can relay word to your parents." I nodded and we began walking.

His office was like every other one I'd seen. Plane white walls, a messy desk with a large computer on it, a bookshelf filled with pictures of him and his family. The only difference I could pinpoint was the black carpet that seemed to have red glitter on it.

"I couldn't help but overhear your parents talking about how tight on money you guys are," he began. "Before you begin, I'm not going to pity you. In fact, that's the opposite of what I plan to do. I just simply wanted to make you a deal."

"What kind of deal?" I asked skeptically. I hated to admit that he was right, but my family wasn't well off. Dad used to have a gambling problem, and Mom used to drink. Between the two of them, we often wouldn't have food. Hence why I moved back home after years of being away. Almost 30 years old and still living with mom and dad because they can't be responsible parents.

"Have you ever made a deal with the Devil?" the doctor asked, getting a slight gleem in his eyes.

---

Who knew the Devil required so much paperwork to take your life away in a split second?

After 20 minutes of signing paper after paper, Doctor Sidero placed them in a folder and we walked back to where my parents were standing. He'd told me I'd be receiving a thing in the mail that explained the rules of the game.

A/N: Hey, guys! I hope you enjoyed the first part. I'm going to hopefully update this story once a week. Probably Thursdays cause that's the only day I'm not doing anything!