Chapter 1

"All done," I said to myself, relaxing in my rolling chair.  I had finished a enormous, important article about Dr. Hannah Sherwood.  Dr. Hannah Sherwood was one of the best doctors ever know.  If someone need an surgery done that was risky, she was the one to do it.  Everyone counted on her and trusted her.  I know,...I had written so many articles about her and had interviewed so many people that have witnessed her work I couldn't even count.

My name is Jenna Chan.  I'm 22 years old.  I have been a journalist since I was 19.  I guess you could say I do my job pretty well.  I have been interested in writing since I was in middle school.  I knew from then on what I wanted to be when I "grew up": a journalist. 

I quickly printed out my article and put it in a big orange envelope.  I hopped in the car and started the engine.  When I got to the office all I found was chaos.  People running all over the room, fighting over things they needed, yelling from the other side of the room with updated information.  I walked up to my assistant, Jerry, "What's going on?" I asked.  Sweat was dripping from his pale head and his brown hair, wet from rubbing on his fore head.  "Dr. Sherwood is going over to Africa to go help people with this unknown disease that they have called, Eafria (e, fria).  The disease can get to other people by just being within several feet away from the victim.  Someone can be infected by the disease by getting a mosquito bite as well.  Once you get it, and the infected area starts eating away the flesh, its too late.  But, if you find the red spot somewhere on your body and you get the vaccine Teariod, in time, you may have a 50% chance of living," Jerry explained to her.  "So...does this now mean I have to have another interview with Dr. Hannah Sherwood?" I asked.  "As quickly as possible.  Many other journalist and news reporters will be wanting to get an interview with her and you need to schedule one with her before she doesn't have time to talk," said Jerry. 

So, I got into the car and drove to MayoClinicHospital.  When I got to the hospital I quickly snatched up my back pack, my coffee, and my recorder.  I ran into the hospital and headed straight for the front desk.  "Hi, may I help you?" the desk lady asked.  "Hi, where is Dr. Sherwood's office located at?"  I replied.  "Dr. Sherwood is busy at the moment.  I can take a message or you can wait in the waiting room for about an hour and we will call you back to the front desk?" the desk lady asked.  I replied with a half hearted smile, "I'll wait, thank you."  Trying to find a spot that you didn't have to sit by some stranger was an impossible test.  I did find one seat by some weird guy, but it did have a coffee table by it that I could put my stuff on.  I thought for a little bit and finally decided to sit down by the weird guy.

I slowly pulled out my laptop and my phone to do a little work on the article, so then I would have at least some of it done.  As I started typing, I glanced over and saw the weird guy staring at me and I quickly looked away.  Why is he looking at me?  He is probably some creeper guy.  I thought.  I continued typing and stopped to see if he was still watching.  REALLY?!  He's still watching...uuuugh.  What does he want?  "Do you need something?" I asked.  "No, I'm good," he said with a smile and continues typing on his laptop.  Not that I am stalker or ANYTHING...  I tried to glance over his shoulder.  I saw that he was typing about some crime scene that had happened last night.  "Well do you need something?" he turned his head and asked.  With a sarcastic smile, I replied, "Nope, I'm good..." and continued doing my work.  This is super awkward...I should just ask what he's working on and see if he works at The Newsroom Lounge....should I?  NO!!!!  Are you crazy?!

"Hey, you don't happen to work at The Newsroom Lounge, do you?" I asked with a curious smile.  "Ummm....no," he replied.  I tried to quickly cover myself, "Ohhhh...ok sorry.  You just look like some guy I know from there."  "Oh really?  Who?" he asked curiously.  "Oh....you know...just this guy named Jerry...nobody important," I replied hoping he wouldn't know him.  "Oh....the Jerry I know is an assistant for this really important journalist girl...I don't know her name, but maybe you know her?" he asked.  My eyes got big, "Ummm...Jenna Chan?"  I asked.  "Ya!  Thats what her name was!" he exclaimed.  I take big gulp.  "Ummm...haha...I'm...uh...Jenna Chan..." I say with a small smile.