Through the eyes of another

" help me, oh god please help me!" I screamed as I sat up in bed. I tried to find something to hold on to, it felt like I was falling, down, down, down into the depths of my fear.
" ARMIN!" Eren shouted as I heard the sound of his boots clacking on the ground in a fast paced motion.
" Eren, please help me!" I shouted. I felt like I was on an island, surrounded by nothing but emptiness.
" what's wrong?" Eren shouted as he made it to my bedside
" I can't see, I'm blind Eren, oh god I'm blind!" I began to cry as I covered my face with my hands, what had happened to make me blind?

{flashback}

"Armin, take the one on the left, I'll get the two on the right" Eren shouted, I gave him a nod and then aimed for the titan, but I miscalculated, causing my anchor on the tree behind me to release. I panicked as the titan grabbed me, it felt like everything else had stopped, like time had stopped. I had to think fast. My arms were above my head, to save myself I had to make a sacrifice, my eyes. If I was to pull my swords down to remove the titans hand, I would have to cut my eyes. No, the thought, I would never be able to read, to draw, I would never be able to see Eren again, what should I do? I forced the swords downwards, slicing my face in the process, causing blood to trickle down my face in a perpetual motion. I have one more task, remove the hand. The plan seemed easier in my head, with no vision it was harder to estimate the wrist.
" Armin!" Eren screamed as he saw my face, the blood looked like tears as the titan raised me to its mouth.
" I'm so sorry Eren" I said as bowed my head
" oh no you don't you oversized idiot!" Eren shouted as he swiftly chopped the nape of the titan. " squad leader Hanji, Armin is injured, we must help him"
" apply pressure to the wound, stop the bleeding, any cloth, your cape, now!" She shouted as she began walking round in circles with her hands at the side of her face. " we must return, the life of cadet arlert is compromised."

{end of flashback}

" Eren, I can't see you, where are you?" I spoke worriedly, trying to reach out my hands to know he is still there.
" I'm here Armin, and don't worry, I will be your eyes from now on" I could tell from the way he spoke he was wearing a smile. The smile that I used to love, but can no longer see it, I can no longer see him.
" looking at the world through the eyes of another" I smiled " promise me one thing"
" what is it Armin?" Eren asked
"If I ever become a burden, to you or the survey corps, I want you to get rid of me" I turned to a straight face, though I wasn't sure what emotion to display.
" I could never do that to you, you are my best friend in the world, and if anyone says anything I will punch them so hard they will wish they never existed"
" thanks Eren, but you don't need to go that far to protect me"
" I will always protect you, because, er-" Eren stammered
" what is it Eren?" I asked
" I love you Armin, I always have" Eren smiled as he placed his hand into mine and squeezed it.
" I love you too Eren" I said as I hugged him tight " please don't leave" I begged
" I will see you in the morning" Eren said " the corporal would think there was something going on if I stayed here"
" see you tomorrow" I smiled. Even though I lost my sight, I was still happy.