You and Me

Valentine's eve..(13th Feb'20)

Sonakshi had a tiring day at the set. They had shot for four scenes back to back and the close ups for same ones after that. The shoot wrapped up by 8:30 pm and finally after one and a half hour of struggle through the lazy-moving traffic, she was back to Sippy mansion at 10:00pm. Flopping on the bigger couch of their room, she threw her bag on the adjacent smaller one. Her phone pinged with Rohit's message which read, "Will be reaching home in half an hour. Love You! " with a heart emoticon. Her face lit up instantly and she informed him about her whereabouts along with 'come soon' and a heart. Deciding to have a quick shower meanwhile until he returns, she got up.

*

Putting inside both the packets first, Rohit sat in the backseat of the car straightening the creases of his blazer. It was just another day, a hectic one for him too. He had two minor surgeries to practice today and about a dozen patients lined up in the OPD. Finally after checking on a patient whose surgery was scheduled for the next day, he decided to call it off for the day. Thankfully, the traffic on the roads were negligible so hopefully, he'll be able to reach home in less than 15 minutes, glad over the fact that he'll be meeting his Drama Queen soon.

*

'Ek man tha mere paas who ab khone laga hai..
Paakar tujhe haaye mujhe kuchh hone laga hai..
Ek tere bharose pe sab baithi hoon bhool ke..
Yun hi umr guzar jaaye, tere saath guzar jaaye..'

Lyrics from a 70s bollywood song, which was also one of her favourites, floated from the speakers, breaking the prevailing calm silence spread across the room. Changing into a t-shirt and a pair of comfy pajamas after the shower, she began drying her hair standing in front of the dresser. Her thoughts automatically drifted towards him, making an obvious smile appear on her face unknowingly. Love is just a word till someone you meet gives it a meaning. How true this is, she thought. People say love is beautiful, but she believed that being in love with someone and being deeply loved by the same person is the most beautiful feeling ever. Earlier she wasn't able to understand the excitement of people with the arrival of valentine's week, even when she was in a relationship with Karan! But since Rohit had entered in her life, she was able to connect with all those emotions that lovers feel. He was the one who understood her more than herself. He made her feel loved, secure and complete. Life with him was a pure bliss, if not perfect. She was looking forward to spend some time with him tomorrow. She knew it'll be impossible to take one whole day out from their respective busy schedules but even a dinner date would suffice. She decided to ask him once he returns.

Her chain of thoughts broke with a sensual whisper in her ear, "Missing me, wifey?", which made the towel in her hand drop on the floor . She was about to hit him playfully for startling her like that but he caught her by the waist, engulfing her in a tight embrace. She listened to his heartbeats while he took in the fruity fragrance of her hair, relief flooding both of them and giving a sense of homecoming.

He continued, a smirk playing on his lips, "So, were you thinking about me?"

She looked up and asked, still remaining in his embrace "And what makes you think like that Dr. Surgeon?"

He countered, "Your smile and the blush that appears on your face tells a story of their own. I don't need to be a rocket scientist to figure out your thoughts."

She playfully hit his arm, complaining "What's the point of asking if you knew it all the time! You don't spare one chance of teasing me."