The Love We Tried To Hide

Singto walked out of the Suvarnabhumi airport, hand linked with Christie, his fiancé. As soon as he stepped out, he saw a large number of fans waiting to see him after 2 whole years. He flashed his adorable smile at his fans as P' Jane helped them to the car. He waved goodbye to his fans, realising just how much he had missed home.

"P'Sing!" Singto spun around to see Krist hurrying out of the elevator in the GMMTv building. "Kit!" The two brothers rushed forward to hug each other, Singto's arms automatically finding their way to the younger's waist, like always. "Welcome home, phi!" Singto smiled, hearing those words.

Yes Singto was finally back home.

****************

Krist waied at the blonde haired girl, his p'Sing's fiancé Christie, as Singto introduced them. Pretend lover meets real lover. Krist thought to himself. He wanted to talk to Singto but that would have to wait as the older man and his fiancé had to hurry back home.

As Singto walked side by side with Christie, Krist felt a pang in his chest. Just like that, he knew that he had completely  lost his place as the one beside Singto, his p'Sing was no longer his. As Singto turned around to give him a final wave, Krist knew his Singto had officially said goodbye from his role as Krist's pretend lover.

Not even their Peraya fan club could do anything anymore. Krist Singto would no longer be a couple, they would just be Krist and Singto, two separate individuals with a common past, with an incredible history but no future. Ignoring the turmoil of his emotions, he waved back to his phi and his fiancé cheerfully.

Krist and Singto have taken several steps away from each other, but their history still unites them, again and again.

***********************

"Khun Singto, Prachaya Ruangroj, our beloved actor has finally returned home after completing his course abroad for two years. And he has returned with a certain special someone! I am sure we will get more details very soon.!"

Krist stared at the screen of his phone for a long time. Was it all really over? All those years of togetherness, all those times of being each other's only support as they both battled the intensive pressures of the entertainment industry , all those years of being each other's faen, at least for the fans. And everything was gone in a flash.

Funnily enough, Krist had always thought that he would be the first one to leave; the first one to find someone else, some woman. Because he had always cared more about his sexual identity than the older male. Krist had perhaps, over the course of time, forgotten that his Singto's life did not revolve around him, maybe sometimes even believing that he would always be the one and only choice for the other.

When Singto had moved away, Krist had supported him. Because he had genuinely felt that no matter what, his phi would always remain his, they would always be the same. Krist the overactive one, Singto the calm one; black and white, and everyone with even an inkling of a fashion sense knew that you could pair these two colours with other colours, but they would always look the best together.

Distances had increased as Singto became busy with his work and Krist with his own. After all, the entertainment industry wasn't a bed of roses. But even then, involuntarily, they had always found a way back to each other. Through video chats, voice calls and simple LINE messages; they had ignored the different time zones, finding a way to keep each other stable in a world that was always revolving way too fast.