Chapter 1

Ari pov:

I was running, running away from home from him.

If your wondering who I'm running from it my oh so called father. I'm running away from him because if I stay he'll just keep beating me.

My older brothers left when I was 9.
I don't know why darly didn't take me with him and Merle well he's a ass and left me and darly with our dad.

Oh I forgot I'm Ariana Dixon I'm 12 years old and I just told you I ran away from home. Also the whole world went to shit there are actual dead people wobbling around.

Im about to go raid a house for some food and guns.

I open the door quietly open the door and throw in a pebble I heard some moans there were only three so I took my knife out of my boot and took them out.

I looked in the kitchen for food I found three bottles of water and 2 granola bars.

I took sips of my water and ate my one granola bar and saved the other for later. As I heard the door open I hide in a small corner where no one could see me.

I heard them talking one sound like a young boy and the other had a southern accent. it's funny because it sounded just like darly.

No it can't be darly. I listen some more the one with the southern accent to the younger boy to check for food while the other checked for those biters.

I pulled my gun out getting ready just in case he sees me. I wait he was checking in the cabinets He turned around and saw my backpack.

Damn it I forgot to grab it he was about to look in but I came out from the corner.

"Put you weapons and knives on the counter and put your hand up" I said

He put his things on the table and put his hands up he also turned around to look at me.

He had beautiful blue eyes and sheriff hat and kinda long brown hair. I looked him up and down.

He smirked probably thinking I was checking if out. I saw a hand gun in his back pocket.

I walked closer to him and wrapped my arm around him and grabbed the hand gun.

"Aye back away from him drop your guns and put your arms up" I heard the southern voice say

I turned around and saw my older brother darly Dixon.I put my hands down and looked at him but didn't dare to cry.

I didn't want to seem weak in front of them.

"Haha long time no see big brother."

He looked at me again and put down his crossbow.

" Ari is that you?"

"Umm yeah last time I checked I was "

He walked over to me and rapped his arms around me.

"Oh my god air I haven't seen you since you were like 9!"

He wrapped his arms around I hugged him back and.......

*************** *cliffhanger **************