Prologue.

prologue❁                                         

_____________________________________________________________

I walked into the house with the last of our boxes. "Okay! That's it baby, last one." I sighed in relief, looking around at our penthouse. It was the perfect size for us, each of the kids had their own room, and Craig and I's master bedroom was perfect.

Craig came back to me, and kissed my lips. "We're finally here." he smiled, and looked around the house. He held my hand, and we looked in our master bedroom. Our bed frame, mattress and dressers had just been placed in the room, and I already was feeling like this new place was my home.

The wide window let us look clearly at the beautiful city, and we were in perfect view of the Brooklyn Bridge. I looked out of the window, and Craig kissed the back of my neck. "Don't you love it baby?" he whispered against my neck, gripping my waist.

"Yeah, baby... I love it." I smiled and kissed his lips. "I'm tired, let's just relax..." I said, turning around and grabbing his hand then walking him to the bed. I laid in bed with him, and kissing his cheek. I took off my shorts and top to be more comfortable, and so did Craig. He hugged me close, and I closed my eyes. "Goodnight baby... love you." I mumbled against his strong chest, as I drifted off into a deep slumber in his warm embrace.

The smell of coffee woke me up, I opened my eyes, to see the sun's rays making it's way through my window. I rubbed my eyes, and got up to go to our bathroom. I brushed my teeth and washed my face, making my way into the kitchen. Craig was sipping his coffee, looking around our kitchen. "Good morning." I said softly, pouring coffee into my mug, then grabbing coffee creamer and some sugar. "Morning."

"I can't believe we've moved here." He smiled, looking around at our penthouse. We had our entire floor of the building to ourselves. "I know, it's crazy... I absolutely love it." I smiled. "We need to go shopping for groceries today baby." He said, opening our empty fridge, grabbing the milk, the only thing that was in there other than some water bottles, coffee creamer and bottled breast milk for Sebastian.

"I'll go soon." I nodded, drinking my coffee. "Make sure you get all covered up, it's cold out today." He kissed my forehead, and I smiled softly. "Okay, I will."

After I drank my coffee, I got dressed in my jeans, long coat, and heels to go grocery shopping. I kissed Craig's cheek before leaving, and I walked down the block to the market to get some stuff.

As I was shopping, I thought about our new lives here in New York. This transition was a big one, but I felt like this will be better for us in the end. Craig got a great promotion, and I'll find more job opportunities here. My fashion degree is just sitting in the boxes, collecting dust. I really need to use it to its full potential, and I think living here is the perfect opportunity.

I made my way to the register, paying for the food, and making my way back to the house. I got in the house, seeing Ariana with Craig, eating cereal at the table. "Hi mommy!" she yelled, as I put the bags down. "Hey baby girl..." I smiled, and slipped off my heels, making my way over to her and kissing her cheek.

I went into Craig and I's room after putting away the groceries, and looked out of the window to our new home. Life here was going to be different, but I really am excited for our new beginning.

As I looked out the window, Craig wrapped his arms around my waist, and kissed my cheek. "I love you." He mumbled. "I love you too." I smiled, and laid his hands over his while he held me.

They say love is something that must be cherished, and the gift of love is something that can never be replaced. Love is something that can come and go, but if you play your cards right, you'll find the perfect person to spend the rest of your life with.

However, true love is something that takes work to maintain, something that cannot be compensated with material things. We as people cannot see love, but we damn sure can feel with the right person in our lives.

There are ups and downs to love, but it eventually comes back to it's base.

Love is brutal.