Chapter I

So before we start, I just wanted to at hello, so hello <3! Ik this book won't get a lot of recognition but I just want to write it and someday in the very distant future I will revise and prolly publish it lol. Ik it's kinda drawing along but please bare with me, ok. So without further ado, let's th rumble!

"I just don't think it's healthy, Jimin." The worried voice of his friend said for the umpteenth time. "I mean why didn't you tell me before?"

Jimin released a little scoff at that. "It's not that easy, Taemin." His small, almost inaudible voice came back as he looked up at his friend from his crunched over position.

Tears were forming in Taemin's eyes as he looked back down at his junior. "Hey," Jimin called, sitting up straight. They were in a park, sitting on their usual bench at the very back, far away from people. "Don't cry." Jimin flicked his little hand up to wipe the first stray tear that escaped the boy's eye.

"I just don't understand," His voice came back strained. "Why can't you just go to the police?" Jimin's hand retracted as he inhaled deeply. "I already told you Tae-"

"What?!" Taemin snapped at him causing the boy's eyes to widen slightly. He has never spoken to him like this before. "What did you tell me Jimin?! That you don't want him to go to jail? That you don't mind covering for him? That you don't mind the pain? That you enjoy working in that disgusting place? Explain to me, Jimin, cause I really don't get it!" Or maybe, maybe you like this?"

Jimin's eyes watered. He couldn't believe what he was hearing. The tears were this close to falling and Jimin was trying, really trying, to keep them in.

"Or maybe, maybe you like this?" Jimin looked up again. His face twisted in utter shock at what he had just heard.

"Do you like to be treated as if you're nothing, Jimin-"

"He's my father, goddammit!"

It was Taemin's turn to be surprised as his lips parted and he watched the tears exit the younger's eyes. Jimin had never cursed before, Ever.

"I-I think I should go." Jimin declared before wiping his eyes using the paw of his sweater. "Bye, Taemin."

"Wait, no. Jimin." But he was already walking away. His shoulders crunched together, fingers fiddling with each other as he sobbed quietly.

Jimin felt betrayed to say the least. Taemin was the only person he had confided in about his problems but it looked like he had made a mistake.

'In the end, they'll all just leave, so whatever.' Jimin chanted. It was a phrase, a philosophy, that Jimin had adopted ever since his mother left eleven years ago.

Jimin doesn't really remember much about her only that she had deep hazel eyes and beautiful blond hair. However he possessed a locket that was of great importance to him. He wears it around his neck and it has a picture of his mother and baby Jimin together on one half and on the other, his father.

His father.

The effects of his mother leaving were more evident in his father as he took to drinking almost immediately. And subsequently, began gambling.

For the first few months they were okay. But then his father lost his job and all money income ceased. He told Jimin that he would find one soon but for the mean time they would live off of their savings.

That worked for about a year, and his father had quit drinking and gambling in efforts to make the money last a bit longer. But after some more time, he fell back into old habits and even began smoking.

The money was depleting faster than it was being replenished since his dad was just a crossing guard. Although it didn't pay as much as his old job, it was still bringing food home and that was all that Jimin cared about.

After a month of so, his father's habits worsened and his job as a crossing guard terminated. The little money they had left was soon squandered and Jimin could remember going to his bed multiple times without food.

His father soon sold their house and moved them from Seoul to Daegu where they bounced from motel to motel before given a house that belonged to Jimin's aunt who had recently died. It was nothing compared to their former house but at least they weren't outside.

For the first weeks, his father seemed clean and went out during the days for job searching but was always home to cook dinner for his son.

Quickly as it was earned though, the house money was spent and his father relapsed. Taking to gambling even more. Jimin tried to think that it was to make money for them but every time his father would win he would just gamble it away so it was an uneventful chain.

Hunger was back again and Jimin wasn't attending school. He was locked away in the house all day with no friends, food, TV or anything. Just a few books and novels his mother owned that she left behind in his possession.

Jimin taught himself how to read and write. He often would mimic how the words looked on the book pages and very soon he was able to write as beautifully as it was printed on the pages.

Also, due to his long stays at home during the days, he picked up on other skills like sewing, hair styling, barbering, and he learned to play the piano since his aunt had owned one and it was left in the house.

Jimin could also sing very well. And he also could dance to top that. His voice was sultry, passionate and beautiful while his moves were smooth, flexible and agile. Like a swan.

By the age of 14, Jimin was a walking talent ball and his father finally allowed him to go outside. He enjoyed the freedom of finally being able to roam while his father was out 'transacting business'; as he would call it, and pretty soon his father had gotten him accepted into the local school.

Okkkk. Not a very good started but ig it's ok, right?