Kiss me goodnight

"Let me out!"
Hard knocks on wood are heard down the hall.
"Mommy let me ooout!"
Rack rack rack
Words could no longer be formed, only animal like shouts and sobs that make you cringe whenever the cry grows silent then erupts again even louder.

I pinch my ears sealed and squeeze my eyes shut.

Shut up shut up shut up!

More wails penetrate my ears and my drowsy brain.
"LET ME OOOUUUUTTT"

That's it.

I fling the covers of my bed off of me and take a brisk walk down the hall, opening the door to my little brothers room. the sobs stop, but only for a few seconds.

"Keep me up for one more minute, and I'll cut your ears off!"

I must have been too tired or too dumb to not know that wasn't gonna work.

"Go away! I hate you! I hate all of you! Besides, you wouldn't cut my ears off, you don't know where I sleep!"

We were both obviously very sleep deprived

And stupid.

Five more minutes of shouting continued until my father steps into the bubbling geyser of anger.

"What's going on up here? You two should be in bed. If I'm late to my early meeting tomorrow morning there will be major consequences!!" He talked like a sputtering truck and his words were tire on gravel.

"She was gonna cuty ears off!" Wyatt points a stubby finger at me behind his child gate.

Before I could defend myself, father grabbed my arm with a death grip and shot fire through his eyes.

I am done with you, ....... You need to .... or I'll .......... I couldn't make out what he was saying. too tired, and just couldn't care enough.

Next thing I knew, I was in my bed, with sleep dragging me down into what felt like a grave. I could faintly hear my little brother squirming in his crib he had out grown a year ago, and my father opening and closing the door to his and my mothers bedroom. Soon, my heart beat went to the rythum of the crickets chirping outside my window, and with a silent mutter, I noted my mother hadn't kissed me good night. I then drifted into a much welcomed sleep.

~>~<>~<~>~<~>~<~>~<~>~<~>~<

Hey guys!

How'd you like it?

By the way, of you didn't read my introductory, wake me up is actualy based on dreams that I've had over the space of 2013-now. So for all you know, I could flip the story one day. And yes, I'm still having these dreams. Now, before you call the mental hospital, I just want you to know that no, my life is not like this and the character isn't how I act, it's how she acts in my dreams.

Anyways lastly just remember that I am making some of this stuff up cause it wasn't very well abridged in my dreams. Like this first chapter wasn't in my dreams, I just needed to set the scene. I will be posting every Saturday. Enjoy!