One Shot

Song: Imagine by Bol4

~~~❤~~~

It was raining that time, and the sound of rain was music to my ears. Others might just stay inside and sleep under their warm and comfy blankets, others just do whatever they can do inside the house while it's raining. While for me I go outside, look for a perfect shaded spot, and then I'll draw that scene in front of me under the rain.

I always bring this twelve-inch graphic tablet. It's really handy, I can just bring it around whenever I go.

My perfect shaded spot is at the footbridge facing the vehicles passing underneath it. You can hear the raindrops on its roof and on the streets. You can hear complaints about how this rain is annoying. Some people, especially kids, they just dance and play under the rain as if they're receiving a blessing from the heavens.

It was a really nice day for me. It got nicer when he showed up.

"Hi, Avi." He greeted me with a smile that also looks like a smirk.

"Hi Vico, how's the life of being the mayor of our city?" I asked him as I continued to sketch the scene in front.

"Well, as usual, it's stressful but I can manage." He walked to my left side and stand there with me

"Hmm," I smiled, "Just don't forget to take care of yourself," I said while not looking at him for I was adding finishing touches on my drawing.

"Said someone who's an architect that never sleeps."

I looked at him. "If I never sleep, then I'll be dead." I smiled then chuckled as I walked towards the middle of the walkway.

"So tell me," He followed me. "Why did you meet me here? Is it something to do with your new story? Or the time you were gone?" He looked at my graphic tablet as I compile with a document that contains my story, ignoring his last question.

I looked up where I met his eyes. Standing before him makes me realize how tall he is. Staring at his face makes me realize how handsome and charming this guy is.

I smiled at him, then I clicked something on my tablet which follows Vico's cell phone's ringtone.

"So you meet me here to send me this?" He showed me the file he received.

"No," I shook my head slowly. "I'm here to tell you that I'll be away for a long time."

"What do you mean?" He softly frowned at me.

"I accepted a job in the states which might make me stay for more than a year. Or if I get lucky I'll have vacation between my stay."

It processed in his mind before he replied, "Oh... so you'll be going to states." He looked at me. "When are you going to leave?" He gave me a concerned look that kind of hurts me.

I took a deep breath before I answered. "I'll leave tonight."

A shock can be seen in his eyes.

I understand his reaction. We became really close after the assassination incident.

~~~❤~~~

An explosion happened inside the city hall near the Mayor's office. I took my initiative to rescue everyone who got involved without even thinking that this could harm myself.

I was running towards the mayor's office, somebody told me that no one has seen the mayor going out of his office. Even his bodyguards are looking for him. When I reached his office no one was there. But then, I saw blood spots on the floor. I followed it and it led me to the rooftop. I searched the rooftop and I saw the mayor behind the bushes in the garden.