Part 1

She looked excitedly at the clock, it read 7:30.

"1 hour to go", she says with a big smile and butterflies in her stomach.

He would arrive to her house at 8:30.

It's been 5 months since she last saw him, being long distance was difficult but it was worth it. She loved him.

Today it was their 1 year anniversary, he was flying in to be with her for a week, she had it all planned, they were going to do so many activities together, and catch up on everything. They talked everyday but it wasn't enough.

She could imagine it all, laying in his arms while he softly stroked her hair, listening to her talking about silly things. Having his lips on hers once again, feeling the whole world fading away. Holding him so tightly, saying how much she loved him, looking in to his green eyes.

The excitement she had was almost to much to handle.

She wanted to pick him up at the airport but he said he would get to her. He wanted to save her the trip.

Trying not to let her thought run wild thinking about a surprise he might have for her, she kept herself busy.

Checking her hair once more in the mirror, she looked at herself smiling, she was wearing his favorite blue dress, she put on his favorite red lipstick, and she had her hair down, just the way he liked it.

Walking to the kitchen, she pulled out of the oven the lasagna she made for him, his favorite dish. She checked the little cake she baked for him, feeling proud of the result.

Looking again at the clock that now read, 8:00.

She decided to text him.

             Babe I can't wait to see you😆

She set her phone down and sat down closing her eyes.

A few minutes later......

Her phone ringed, it was message from him, her heart skipped a beat.

                           I'm sorry😖

Staring at her phone, she felt a pang in her chest. Why was he sorry?

She decided she would call him. While the phone ranged her heart started beating fast.

On the forth ring the call was answered.

"Baby, are you okay? Why are you sorry?", she said with a shaky voice.

"Elle, please forgive me?", his voice broke.

Her heart stopped.

"Why?, her voice trembled.

He took a deep breath , " I didn't get in the plane, I'm not coming".

Tears started to form in her eyes, making her vision blurry.

"Why aren't you coming?", she whispered.

She could hear his shaky breath through the phone, trying to form the words that were going to break her heart.

It felt like he was holding her last string to life.

"I made a terrible mistake", he said through a sob.

Her heart broke, she felt pain, for she already knew what mistake he was referring too.

"I couldn't have gone there, seeing your innocent eyes and your sweet smile, you waited so excitedly for this day and.... I wasn't going to be able to tell you the truth, I ruined everything, I'm so sorry", he cried.

She cried too, her heart was aching.

"I thought", she took a deep breath, "I thought you loved me", she whispered sadly.

"I do, I love you, please believe me?", he pleaded.

"How can I believe you? Do you know how difficult it has been not seeing you for 5 months? How lonely I've felt at days, I got ready for you, I'm wearing your favorite dress, your favorite lipstick, I even cooked your favorite food, and you didn't even had the decency to tell me you weren't coming?", her voice broke at the end. "How could you do this to us?", she cried.

He couldn't respond, he broke her heart, the woman he wanted to spend his life with, the woman he loved, he now lost her.

"It was a mistake, Elle, I need you to know that, I - ", she stopped him,

"Don't finish that sentence, if you really loved me you wouldn't have cheated, and you did. Clearly you didn't love me enough", the pain she was feeling was unbearable. "I gave you everything and that didn't meant anything to you, you threw it all way the moment you made that decision", every word that came out was filled with so much pain.

"Please give me a chance", he pleaded.

She closed her eyes, thinking of all the moments they had together, the promises they shared, the future they had been working towards to, the kisses, the hugs, the looks.

The trust. The trust that was now broken.

Taking a deep breath, she open her eyes filled with tears, she answered, "I- I can't.....I don't trust you anymore", with that she hanged up.

She got up and threw her phone across the room, she fell to the floor sobbing, her heart breaking into a million tiny pieces. Her eyes burned.

She just lost the love of her life, and he just lost her.

The End