CORONA BLOW.

As I write this story,I'm ispired by some actually true occurrences and I'm yet to figure out what would be their meaning.Incase you can help me out,let me hear you!!

Beginning!!

28th March 2020,

The tree tops were still.The dark clouds were lower in the sky compared to the gray ones which resembled most iron sheet roofing in Jokofu village.The baby under my arms clenched his fists and his mighty breathing fanned my belly.
He starred blankly outside the window.

I laid him in the iron carriage and he stirred up alarmed the moment he begun to whine.
Putting on my oceanic cotton dress,I sang him a song.A popular lullaby.
I opened my mouth releasing every word with appropriate gesture and he looked at me.Not trying to say a word but with'what are you saying' kind of look.
He as if noticing the repeated words and lines became bored and closed his eyelids slowly and in a tick,he was asleep.

"When me grow up,I go to Israel and see baby Jesus,"squeaked Mary innocently.
"No you said you will go to China,"cried Sharleen.I can figure her troubled face as I walk past the door to the cold sitting room.
"I don't want to die,"protested Mary with a sense of vulnerability in her voice.
"Away with it children,the disease is everywhere,"I cut through the little queer bird's conversation.

Mary eyed at me and her face was in fear.She shrinked her small body as if the devil was before her at the entrance of a dark place with her sorrounded by four strong walls....nowhere to run!

I walked to her and pressed her softly under my arms.
"It's okay babe,God will protect us."

Sharleen was busy sorting out her stuffs arranging them in neat columns quite sensibly like a grown up daughter.
I could not stop to smile at the look of it.She was only three and some months.

I warmed the remains of the previous day's meal and fed the children.
I was hungry but the food was too little.
Too little for me to have a bite.
I knotted my face when my stomach grumbled.
Sooner,I set the children to bed.

I knew mama will come.It was just a matter of time.She would set supper for both of us.
Without,there was a knock at the door.
I waddled towards it and as I pulled open,a tall man stood at the threshold.
I could see his untrimmed mustache through the visor.
He handed me an envelope.
"It's from your father,"he said with a hoarse voice.In his visage,there was a tinge of hopelessness.

As I turned to close the door thanking him,
"Will you give me a glass of water,"said he.
After chugging the water,he gave me the metal cup back
I grasped it carefully between the index finger and the thumb.
When he cycled away,I disposed the cup in the dust bin and washed my hands thoroughly with soap and water at the tap.
I sat at the table near the window from where a candle was burning over the bottom of an inverted glass.

".....I'm stuck in the kenyan-ugandan border.The soldiers won't allow me nor my cargo to enter Kenya.We are put in an overcrowded place where poor sanitation and children deficates everywhere is annoying.I'm at risk of contracting the disease and if it happens,I'm afraid I won't survive considering my asthmatic condition.I just want you guys to know that I love you very much.....love,Dad."

I closed the lids of my waterly eyes and tears poured down my cheeks.

II

Mrs.Njeri was running out of time.She was lucky to catch the last bus and before she hopped in,she asked for a sanitizer.

"Wash her hands,"yelled the old driver to the conductor in pink uniform throwing droplets of saliva on her face.

"Shit,"she cursed but the driver did not notice.He was busy filling the bus with passagers.