To The Man With My Heart

To the man that made everything possible,

Thank you. You have one of the kindest souls I've ever encountered. Our time spent together is time that I will forever cherish. I have so many things that I wish I would've said to you during the conversation that ended it all. It seemed as though it was impossible to form any words while my heart was falling to pieces. Please forgive me for that, but I would like to say some words to you now.

You are my greatest love story. I don't care how much more life we have to go through, that will never change. How perfect is a story that starts just like the fairytales. From admiring you when we were young to falling in love with the boy next door. For a love as deep and raw as ours was, it would never be perfect. Perfect isn't something that either of us wanted, we wanted real and that's exactly what we ended up with.

Five hundred and seventy six days I had the honor of calling you mine. I was able to take care of you, support you and do so much more. You are an incredible human being. Words can't even begin to describe you. You're not a perfect person, I don't believe the perfect person exists. You're strong yet so emotional. You're a person with an open mind and open eyes to the world. You're inspiring. You bring light to the places that I knew of in which had nothing but darkness. You give so much to the people around you with taking little for yourself.

Within all of my days knowing you, you have grown and flourished into a riveting man with a bright future ahead of you. I'm so proud of everything that you have done and accomplished and I will forever be proud of your future accomplishments. I will always support you, whether it's from your corner or across the country. I will always think about you and how you're doing even if I don't stay in touch. Most importantly, I will always love you as if I had never missed a day. For you are my first love.