Just another Sunday

Sundays are bliss

Christina's POV
            Just like every Sunday after lots of whining, I managed to get more sleep. (Sleeping is the most important step for laziness) After getting up I went to take a quick bath and dressed up in a jean and kurti. My sunday breakfast was served shortly in my cozy living room couch by my sweet glaring mumma. Anyways shrugging innocently I digged into my food. Today mom has made poori with channa gravy. I have to say my mother is my own personalized chef.
                 After breakfast I swiftly walked to the church. My parents will reach shortly after their early morning bickering. I forgot to mention that I'm their only child so I get all the advantages.
                After the sunday prayers I greeted my friends and enjoyed a nice chat with them. I reached home to see my mother's lunch in the table. I realized I lost time talking to my friends. (Ps:- I prefer face to face talking rather than chatting)
                  Sitting in the table for lunch I realized that the atmosphere was slightly tensed. It was not because of my late attendance since it happens every week. Sensing the tension I ate my food without talking. I thanked mom for the wonderful food she made. It was rice and minced meat curry.
              After lunch I sat in front of the television browsing through channels. At last I found Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince movie playing.(It is my favorite in the series) I watched it completely before going to bed for a short nap.
              Getting up from bed is one of the tedious jobs in the world. I have done that successfully. It was late evening so I decided to check my phone for messages and updates. I opened my whatsapp to see that it was flooding. I had two assignment to submit and record work to complete. Oh my god! I regret being a lazy girl for the millionth time. But still I'm not gonna change myself. Because being late always has it's own perks.
                I decided to start writing the assignment. Haha but just my luck, my dad has graced me with his presence.I love my dad to infinity but judging the seriousness in his face, I just want to run away from him. My dad is not a person with such a hard look. He is funny and easy going. But now he had that  typical dad look plastered on his face.
          "Christy, I know it is too soon, but we have got a nice proposal for you...."he stopped and looked at me expectantly. But I had a blank look at my face. So much for thinking that this weekend was going good. Here is it ,take the blow! screamed my consciousness.
               After getting my attention back to the conversation, I wanted to shout at him for asking me to get married. But I remembered that my father never liked the idea of sending me away from home much less getting hitched up.So there must be reason for this talk.(ya I know I'm so understanding)
              So he continued to tell me about that so called groom's family. His grandparents are apparently old acquaintances of my loving grandparents. They all hail from south India. Last week when they saw me at a wedding they had asked my hand for marriage to their grandson who is working in some company. (This is why young people hate to attend weddings-the proposal drama) That guy is a business graduate from London. He has a sister who is doing her fashion designing course in NIFT, Bangalore. His dad has some business and his mom is a social worker.
             My dad was going on and on about his family and their wonderfulness. At one point I stopped him.
"Daddy, I understand what your telling me. But tell me what are your thoughts about it??" I asked him directly about his opinion and then noticed my mom standing near her husband aka my dad looking at me lovingly. She voiced her opinion about their family being very caring and understanding. They know the groom's family from a very long time and they would take care of me like their own daughter. Dad was silent for a while and then said that he even thought about rejecting the proposal considering my studies but they even gave permission for continuing my studies after marriage.
                 At night I laid in my bed thinking about today's events and all I saw was my proud parents who want to keep me safe from this cruel society and to make a better future for me. My dad thinks that someday it has to happen and why not today because they are a nice family. I didn't know what to say. They left me to my thoughts. Assignment was long forgotten and all I had in mind was how to overcome this marriage tragedy.

Hey everyone! Hope you like my story. Comment to let me know about your views.