prologue

What is a speaker box?

Something that fell out of the sky years ago. It granted a grand prize of 'DREAM ISLAND', that 20 objects competed for. Later, a man named DAVID joined the competition as well. In the end, an object named FIREY won but another called LEAFY bought it off of the speaker box.

We do not know much about this species except that they no longer exist on Earth. The last one, Firey Speaker Box, was split into seven pieces by DONUT as a cake at stake prize.

After the season 'BATTLE FOR DREAM ISLAND' (or BFDI for short) ended, a multitude of speaker boxes took ANNOUNCER to space — the common name for our infamous host of the first season.

In his diary, we see that he has a device inside of him that keeps him on Earth. We can only assume that it is expensive to keep, due to BFDI being reduced to taking place in space because he can not afford the device inside of him.

This is a basis of all we know. Speaker boxes will remain a mystery to objects until more is revealed.

Why am I conducting this research?

It seems like a good way to uncover our roots and see what our old host was. Even after many years, Golf Ball can not understand what objects truly are. This way, maybe we can start to figure out ourselves if we can see what Announcer was and what his deal with us was.

Tennis Ball stopped writing for a moment. He hopped off his chair and went out, looking for someone.